Why you should weld your Relocation Brackets

8krdline

Established Member
I'm waiting for my CHE brackets to arrive. I bought these after someone posted up side by side comparisons of CHE brackets vs about three different other brands. The CHE brackets were much thicker than the others

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
BMR has a new design that they claim does not need welding, no matter what.

The site sponsors may be able to give you guys a deal on them.

bigalsformula02

The BMR and the UMI brackets look the exact same and attach the same way. Are you sure you installed right and torqued everything down correctly?

91hatch

Established Member
They were installed correctly as far as i could tell. It sheared one of the bolts off when this happend. I did not re install the nvh weights but did replace them with bolts. The bracket was bent so badly i am 2nd guessing weather i put the bolt in the drivers side bracket because of the degree of the bend.

ah4449

Svt browser
Established Member
So what would you guys recommend for a weld in bracket? No need for bolt in as I will be welding them in either way.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
BMR has a new design that they claim does not need welding, no matter what.

The site sponsors may be able to give you guys a deal on them.

2005 - 2011 Mustang GT | Control Arm Relocation Brackets | CAB005 - Control Arm Relocation Brackets, Bolt-on | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

I have the combo pack of that and their billet LCA's on the way to me right now. With my springs, adjustable panhard, and panhard brace... my rear suspension should be pretty solid now.

stang1971

Established Member
i have umi's and had no issues installing them. was very easy to put in. not bent the slightest either.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I have the UMI brackets and I have not had any problems with them. My only complaint is that with the Brembo package LCAs, you have to use the lowest position on the brackets since the control arm is too tall to allow use of the higher position. The top of the control arm will physically hit the metal sleeve that is in the position of the original bolt location in the chassis. That is a bummer as the lowest location is a bit extreme for a stock height car. I am lowering my rear this weekend, which should help, and I am probably going to buy a set of tubular LCAs as well. The BMR, in the pictures, does not appear to be any heavier duty than the UMI components. The CHE does appear to be a slightly different design. I am reluctant to weld anything to my axle though, in all sincerity. I don't regularly race the car, it is a DD, so I am not really concerned. However, this story certainly gives one pause.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread