Wicked rattle noise

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
While driving I have a wicked rattling noise coming from some where in the back. I have checked the seat belts, rear seats, and rear deck-lid. I am out of ideas where it could be coming from. Anyone solve a similar issue?

03DOHC

Established Member
Mine does that occasionally too. I haven't had time to look at it as I've been having too much fun driving.:thumbsup:

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Mine is doing the same. I think it is from the pas side large window. When I roll the large 1 down it stops. Little one down still there. Taking it in, cuz I'm going deaf listening to music LOUD.

jason

sonic77

Established Member
I've got a rattling too, but it hasn't bothered me enough to take it in to the dealer yet. I think it's coming from the passenger side window or inside the door. When I reach over and push on the door while driving it goes away.

--
03 Cobra
(stock)
--

KNGOBRA

Banned
Originally posted by 03ShadowCobra
yes inside the car, and loud enough to hear and bother the sh!t out of me.

FORD knows about it too, that's why they decided to install the 6 disk CD changer!! :beer:

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I have checked just about every thing mentioned. I think it's coming from somewhere in the back seat or rear seat belts. It's tough to try to figure out while I'm driving. I have also noticed that the a@@ end of these cars really steps out when provoked. All in good fun though.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by 03ShadowCobra
I have checked just about every thing mentioned. I think it's coming from somewhere in the back seat or rear seat belts. It's tough to try to figure out while I'm driving. I have also noticed that the a@@ end of these cars really steps out when provoked. All in good fun though.
You aint kidding! I was in second doing about 40 getting on the freeway onramp. Floored it because I was going to get tagged and got sideways:eek: . I didn't think she had that much, but I was wrong!

Will's97

Established Member
Yes, I had the rear deck lid rattle.....untill the day before it was going back to the dealer then it stopped. I was out running it hard and pushing it through some really hard turns then it stopped. Must be some loose nut (not talking about the one behind the wheel) and it must of slid into some tight spot. Let me know if you find out exactly what it was because if it is my rattle it will drive you nuts.

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
Fortunately, I do not have the rattle in the back of the car...but I did have a driver side door rattle in which they discovered that there were a few screws missing (hmmm). Now of all things, the horn panel on my steering wheel rattles...too much use?

:beer:

darkhorse

Established Member
The passenger side seatbelt will rattle against the door in certain positions. The passenger seat also rubs against the door because the padding is so stiff. Try moving your passenger seat all the way back if it isn't already. Also doublecheck to see if the rear seats are up all the way or not in straight.

Users who are viewing this thread