Wide wheel/tire package for Cobras

Devil Dog

TOYZ, yeah I got some.
Established Member
I would like to use a 275-40-17 front, and at least a 315-35-17 rear on my 94 Cobra, so far I have looked at:

American Racing Torq-Thrust II's

CCW Classic Street's

Anyone here running any of these or have any more to add?

Thanx.

94CobraPace

Established Member
I have the AFS 17" X 9" front with 275-40's & 17" X 10.5" with 315-35's in the rears. With the correct backspacing they fit with no problems, I did have to rotate one of my tail pipes to give more clearance and did not have to flip the quad shocks. Here are a few pics:
rear_tire_.jpg

ft%20rear%20tire.JPG

rt_ft_hood.jpg

The fronts do hit the inner fender when turned to lock at slow speeds & bumps.
I really like the look of the 315's in the rear.

chknhwk

Originally posted by 94CobraPace
I have the AFS 17" X 9" front with 275-40's & 17" X 10.5" with 315-35's in the rears. With the correct backspacing they fit with no problems, I did have to rotate one of my tail pipes to give more clearance and did not have to flip the quad shocks.

What are the correct offsets to look for when going with these sizes? I've been thinking about getting something wider, too and I don't want to move up to 18's due to the horrible roads where I'm at.

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
i have 17x9 and 17x10.5 cobra R's from AFS with the aforementioned tire sizes. I have no rubbing at all in the front. as for the back I has to "massage" the inner fender and bend my parking brake brackets 90 degrees. I also flipped my quad shocks because there was lettler clearance. but I love the look of the 315's. I will be lowering my car in about a month so we will see if anything rubs then.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Man, that is a lot of tire! I'll feel pretty good if I can ever get the upcoming 93 Cobra replica rims with a 275/40/17 in the rear, let alone in the front...

Vilocty

Established Member
I was thinking about 18's with 315 on a 10 1/2 rim in the rear....so with a lowered car do you have to flip the quadshocks or massage the fender for them to fit? or can you use a wheel spacer and not have to change anything?

If you have to massage the fender or make changes with the 315's, what's the largest tire that will fit (without making changes) without rubbing?

gmaine

Established Member
I am running 17 x 9 Motorsport Rs with 275s front and 17 x 10.5 with 315s rear. Car is lowered with Steeda sport springs with no rubbing in front and I had to flip the quad shocks and adjust the after market Magnapack exhaust. Thats it and it looks baddddd.

cobra-boss

Established Member
Hay Devil Dog

I have a set of polished American racing LeMans wheels for sale. The fronts are 17x9 and the rears are 17x11. Also 2 brand new 315 x35 BFG drag radial for the rear, no tires on the front. They are a forged 5 spoke wheel very strong and light.I would like to get around $850. Can send pics -----also I will be in Detoit on Wed and can bring a wheel down with me if you would like to see in person. I live in Lansing so if we cant hook up I'm only a hour or so away.

Drop me an email at: [email protected] or
call 517-449-6062 if intersted.

James

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Originally posted by gmaine
I am running 17 x 9 Motorsport Rs with 275s front and 17 x 10.5 with 315s rear. Car is lowered with Steeda sport springs with no rubbing in front and I had to flip the quad shocks and adjust the after market Magnapack exhaust. Thats it and it looks baddddd.

Post a picture of your car. I want to see your drop. I want to lower my car soon, and I have the same size wheels and tires.

chknhwk

Originally posted by hwkrcng
What are the correct offsets to look for when going with these sizes? I've been thinking about getting something wider, too and I don't want to move up to 18's due to the horrible roads where I'm at.

Thanks.

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
Originally posted by gmaine

gmaine: where did you get your rims? I would also be interested in seeing pics! Thanks!
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread