Wideband Air/Fuel O2 sensor wire run location?

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
So last night my friend and I installed a bung in my exhaust for my Innovate LC-1. We installed the bung on the driver side near the other narrow band o2 sensor. This way, it's before my catalytic converters and also somewhat easily removable for calibration time.

Anyways, should I run the wire up the transmission tunnel through the shifter area? Or up to the front and in through the firewall? Whats safer / easier?

Chris

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I ran mine through the transmission tunnel and through the shifter area. Easy and quick.

-Jeff

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I have my sensor in the same place and ran it along the K-member toward the floor pan area right in front of the kick panel. There is a rubber plug in the pan close by that you can easily poke a hole in and run the wires through for a nice weather tight seal.

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
I have my sensor in the same place and ran it along the K-member toward the floor pan area right in front of the kick panel. There is a rubber plug in the pan close by that you can easily poke a hole in and run the wires through for a nice weather tight seal.

Wow, this sounds awesome!! Thanks guys!

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
add another trans tunnel to the pile. then you can place it behind the shifter console/lighter plug area since that platic cover just snaps off really easy. then run it under the dash to the fuse box and run the line up to your guage.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Yep. I actually have the module mounted behind the glove box so that the USB port is in a location that can be easily reached by reaching under the glove box. I also have the 9 pin mini din cable ran into the glove box so that I can get to it easily enough to plug into my SCT Xcal2 for datalogging my A/F while I am datalogging everything else.♠
\

Mystic03

Established Member
how do i get a mid pipe with a bung already in place im going to be getting a wideband and midpipe at the same time any thoughts?

Rumblesnake

Lotta bark, lotta bite
Established Member
I have my LM-1 zip tied to the subframe and I ran the wires through the slits I cut in the rubber plugs in the floor plan. Very clean and easy install.

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member

Finished the install last weekend. I used this method and I can tell you it rocks! I don't like running wires away from the source and then back to it, so this was a straight shot. Up through the floor and up to my a-pillar.

Chris

Oxford Snake

Established Member
There is a rubber grommet in the floor pan under the drivers seat which I have used when running my LM-1. You can then use the hole in the carpet for the seat controls to feed the cable into the cabin.

For a permanent install I drilled a hole in the metal part of the shifter rubber boot and installed a small rubber grommet.

Users who are viewing this thread