wideband gauge on/off switch?

sb306

Established Member
I just wanted to know if anyone has ever run an on/off switch on their wideband gauge? I just got a innovative lc-1 with the db blue gauge. It seems kind of pointless to run the gauge all the time(i drive a lot on the highway) It looks like the gauge and the lc-1 are standalone units. So I would only be turning the gauge off and not the controller unit. Also what is best to switch? The positive or the ground? thanks in advance.

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
If the device isn't powered won't it be bad for the sensor? I've read not to run a sensor w/out power. You could always throw a cloth over it.

sb306

Established Member
If the device isn't powered won't it be bad for the sensor? I've read not to run a sensor w/out power. You could always throw a cloth over it.
The manual shows the lc-1 having its own dedicated ground and power supply. So the controller would still be powered and working. The only thing that would be off is the gauge. So when u turned the gauge on, the controller would already be operating so it would display as soon as u flipped the switch.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I suppose you could, but why? Seems like extra work for nothing. I would rather have it on all the time and have the ability to catch a problem early on. Believe it or not, WOT isn't the only place where A/F problems occur.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I'm going to be doing exactly what Bob said to do in a little while when I completely redo my gauges.............................yet again.:rolleyes:

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Sure you could do this. Not sure why you would. IMO it's the most important gauge you can have.....

cruisersk1

Established Member
I think you should leave it on all the time. Do you really want to be turning it on at every stoplight:burnout:

ducman996

Established Member
Trust me, you will get used to it in no time and wont even notice it anymore unless you look at it. I never know when I might get the itch to go WOT so I want mine on all the time.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Ahhh you have the disco light gauge, that explains it....(narrowband).

That would be one of the first things I would look at replacing for a wideband.

Those narrow bands are useless......But like others said, after a few drives, you dont even notice it anymore....

ecoastkid

Established Member
I wired my Nitrous guage in with the nitrous power switch...This way it only iluminates if the nitrous is engaged. No mistakes that way. Not exactly the same thing, but simular idea.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
No, I have the innovative wideband. It's just that on long highway trips at night the light show gets a little bit annoying for me.

I just really don't think that I need to check my A/F ratio while passing a Little Debbie 18 wheeler on the highway.

Ummmm... Little Debbie.:-D

sb306

Established Member
No, I have the innovative wideband. It's just that on long highway trips at night the light show gets a little bit annoying for me.

I just really don't think that I need to check my A/F ratio while passing a Little Debbie 18 wheeler on the highway.

Ummmm... Little Debbie.:-D

That's what I was thinking. I drive about 60 miles one way to work on the highway. I actually had the narrowband with the lightshow, believe it or not I did more or less get used to it and I had it on the top gauge pod hole on the pillar. I got the wideband db blue gauge. It actually looks pretty good even without the dimming feature hooked up, not to bright not to dim. It doesn't have the lightshow effect though. just the a/f reading. Its not hooked up to the lc1 yet though, just powered it and capped the sensor wire. Getting home at midnight after work everynight sucks. Gotta do everything in steps. The lc1 is mounted already with the wires routed through the parking brake grommet. Last step will be powering the lc1 and calibrating. lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread