Wideband Sensor loaction

Im Blown

deployed to the sandbox.
Established Member
I just got my Autometer Wideband setup and was looking to install it tomorrow. Ive read a few other threads and how-to's but I had an idea and wanted your input. I deleted my EGR system and capped the bung on the header (Bassani shorties). My idea was to have the exhaust shop either utilize this existing hole, or cut off the male threads that protrude from the header and weld the bung in that space. What do you think, will it work and is the sensor in an ideal location (distance wise)?
thanks in advance,
-Joshua

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
the male heads that protrude from the header is actually a adapter...it will come out by unscrewing it....will a sensor fit in this tapped hole? no clue....

it would be best to put it lower as that hole for the EGR sensor is in one of the pipes and not after the collector in order to get a reading for the entire bank, it would be reading one cylinder.......

IMO cap the egr hole on the header...install bung in midpipe close to factory fwd 02 sensor. That is what I did with my setup...(BBK Shorties here) and works like a champ.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
remove exhaust to install WB in the midpipe...nope....

Users who are viewing this thread