Wideband Sensor

Blakonblak94

Wishin it was SVT
Established Member
Ground offset compensation is possible, but why go through the hassle?

I know of a decent reason to go through the hassle. Lets say you have done the necessary steps to determine your ground offset(Go through LM Programmer setting 0-5v to equal 2.5 across the board, then setting your datalog program to read the actual voltage being outputted, which on my QH would look something like 0v=0 5v=5).
Ohkk, so you datalog and see that the "voltage" number that is being logged is actually something like, lets say for example sake, 2.36. Ohkk well that would mean your losing .14v along that line somewhere. Not much. But when plugged into the formula for AFR=[(V+X)(3.008)+7.35] (which without ground offset should give us 14.88) we have [(2.36)(3.008)+7.35] which equals to 14.44 datalogged. Not too much, but in reality that is half a point in AFR, which for boosted guys could make a difference.
To compensate you would place the difference in ground offset as X from the first formula to make up for the loss voltage.
I hope this makes sense. I tried to condense it some, and may have lost some readability along the way.

Users who are viewing this thread