wideband sensor

96boostedsnake

Established Member
Hey guys, quick question if anybody can help me out quick.
Im about to install my aem wideband sensor.
Im running a stock catted midpipe...car is a 96 cobra.
There is absolutely no room to mount this thing anywhere before the first cat.
I do have a couple of inches of room between the first cat and the second bigger cat where I can just get in with a welder.
I was going to pull the the midpipe but after soaking the nuts overnight with a penertrating oil they still wont budge.
Ill probably replace the catted midpipe in the future with something that has no front cats.
For now do you think that inbetween the cats would work or would the readings be that far off that it isn't even worth putting in until I change the midpipe.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
If you don't need datalogging, you can install the wideband sensor in the front stock O2 sensor bung. Set the switch to P4 (narrow band simulation) and run the white output wire to the front NB signal wire. You will need to put a 20 ohm, 10 watt resistor across the stock heater wires. That will simulate the O2 sensor heater so you won't throw a DTC for a bad heater. I clamped the resistor to the lip of the crossmember with one of those big black paperclips.

I have been running this way for years, even passing the CA smog tests. Works great.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread