wideband vs. leaded fuel

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
will running leaded fuel in a car damage the o2 sensor for the wideband? im buying an aem wideband and i like to run 100oct. low lead fuel in the cobra but i don't want it to damage the sensor like people are telling me it will. is this true?

CJK440

Established Member
It will reduce the life of it but won't damage it immediately.

I ran a wideband with C16 leaded in my race car for 2 years. I bought a new sensor from A-zone because I thought it might be misreading but I saw no difference. But then again the car was mostly on track and very limited street.

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
It will reduce the life of it but won't damage it immediately.

I ran a wideband with C16 leaded in my race car for 2 years. I bought a new sensor from A-zone because I thought it might be misreading but I saw no difference. But then again the car was mostly on track and very limited street.

i run 100oct. low lead fuel which has about half the lead concentration as most other leaded fuels. might end up mixing 50/50 with 93oct pump gas so that should help dilute it. is the sensor something that is readily available at most parts stores?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
My buddies Supra burns through a sensor about once every 2-3 months if he's putting a lot of C16 through it.

Toasty

Established Member
will running leaded fuel in a car damage the o2 sensor for the wideband? im buying an aem wideband and i like to run 100oct. low lead fuel in the cobra but i don't want it to damage the sensor like people are telling me it will. is this true?

VP has an unleaded 100 Octane now.

CJK440

Established Member
i run 100oct. low lead fuel which has about half the lead concentration as most other leaded fuels. might end up mixing 50/50 with 93oct pump gas so that should help dilute it. is the sensor something that is readily available at most parts stores?

The one that innovate uses is an OE bosch sensor for a turbo beetle. Replacements come with a warantee too. :)

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
that sucks i only pay $4.50gal for the 100oct. low lead. now i will have to pay double that for another kind of fuel. does everyone agree that AEM will be a good choice for a wideband or is innovate better? i have autometer phantom gauges and can make the AEM match the others because it comes with a black bezel and white face.

Users who are viewing this thread