Widend Wheels (Tire Size)

bgcobra99

Established Member
Whats up everyone, Im new to the forums.

Got a smiple question. Will running 315/35 17 rears and 245/45 17 fronts be noticeable ( apperance wise), and cause a ride issue?

They dont make 315/45.

realitygt

Established Member
exact same size sidewall, just the 335's are wider obviously)

i've been running 275/40's and 245/45's for a couple years.... creates obvious wear problems, but there's nothing you can do since you can't rotate them (center of tread on back is wearing thin, and the outside edges of the front are low too)

01yellercobra

Established Member
exact same size sidewall, just the 335's are wider obviously)

i've been running 275/40's and 245/45's for a couple years.... creates obvious wear problems, but there's nothing you can do since you can't rotate them (center of tread on back is wearing thin, and the outside edges of the front are low too)

That's not because of the tire size. Your fronts are under inflated and your rears are over inflated.

I ran the 245/275 combo for a while with no issues. Now I'm running 275/315. In the tire size 245/45/17 the middle number is the sidewall height compared to the tire width in percentage. The sidewall is 45% of the tire width. That's why when you get into wider tires, like the 315s, the sidewall number goes down, but it's still the same height.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
That's not because of the tire size. Your fronts are under inflated and your rears are over inflated.

I ran the 245/275 combo for a while with no issues. Now I'm running 275/315. In the tire size 245/45/17 the middle number is the sidewall height compared to the tire width in percentage. The sidewall is 45% of the tire width. That's why when you get into wider tires, like the 315s, the sidewall number goes down, but it's still the same height.

+1 good catch. OP in my opinion running a staggered fitment does create some tracking/driving differences. I personally found them to be annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread