Widened OEM PP Wheels and NT05R test

Dave G

Established Member
All GT500's from 07-12 got the carbon fiber clutch packs. So did the '08 bullitt.

These 8.8's are very strong, and the only weak link really is the Ford track-loc.

Give me 10 brand new Shelbys off the show room floor and I'll show you gear whine and incorrect backlash. It's not the 8.8 that's giving up, it's the assembly job from day 1.

Install a proper diff, set it up correctly, and the rest of the stock parts will take you to 10.00 or quicker without a problem.

I agree.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Track here is shut down for some renovations, hoping to take it in about a month. On stock tires the car would have been sideways on that same run in those temps. I originally took it out to get some kill vids (since I was in Mexico :coolman:) but they were all such blow outs they wasn't even worth bragging about. Even had one guy stop me and ask if it was a Super Snake, I said "nah, its just a regular GT500" lol.

I guess that guy doesn't know that the Super Snakes suck and the standard 2013 GT500 is a much better car? LOL But it is a good way to make someone feel bad, so I like your style :beer:

Planeswalker

Established Member
Looks good. Did you go with longer studs? What was the clearance issue without the spacers?

I did not go with longer studs. I felt they still had plenty to bite on to, but may look into upgrading in the future.

The main clearance issue was the wheel hitting a bracket in the fender well. I never took a picture because I originally just posted in TORQJNKY's thread and it had a picture of it hiting in the exact same spot. Maybe he will be nice enough to post it up here. :beer:

TORQJNKY

I did not go with longer studs. I felt they still had plenty to bite on to, but may look into upgrading in the future.

The main clearance issue was the wheel hitting a bracket in the fender well. I never took a picture because I originally just posted in TORQJNKY's thread and it had a picture of it hiting in the exact same spot. Maybe he will be nice enough to post it up here. :beer:

This is the bracket Planeswalker is referring to. The widened wheels hit the area in the yellow circle when the suspension is extended as little as 2-3 inches. You can either use a spacer with the OEM wheels or cut the bracket and flatten it down like I did for use with the Alcoas. I flattened it because the offset of the Alcoa's puts them flush with the fender already. A spacer would cause them to stick out too much.

Interference_zps580d87ea.jpg

IMAG0953_zpsa8ab5d7c.jpg

Last edited:

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
This is the bracket Planeswalker is referring to. The widened wheels hit the area in the yellow circle when the suspension is extended as little as 2-3 inches. You can either use a spacer with the OEM wheels or cut the bracket and flatten it down like I did for use with the Alcoas. I flattened it because the offset of the Alcoa's puts them flush with the fender already. A spacer would cause them to stick out too much.

Interference_zps580d87ea.jpg

That's the same bracket I had clearance issues with when I widened my 18" stockers. I chose to remove the bracket entirely for a cleaner look and fabricated some brackets to relocate the bumpstop on the rear housing so it would contact the frame rail.

You can read about it at this thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-some-rear-bump-stop-relocation-brackets.html

TORQJNKY

That's the same bracket I had clearance issues with when I widened my 18" stockers. I chose to remove the bracket entirely for a cleaner look and fabricated some brackets to relocate the bumpstop on the rear housing so it would contact the frame rail.

You can read about it at this thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-some-rear-bump-stop-relocation-brackets.html

Great idea and product. But it only took me about 45 minutes a side to modify the existing bracket and I can get full extension on the suspenion with no rubbing with a 11.5" Alcoa. Your relocation bracket would be the way to go if I wanted to stuff a 12" wheel well though. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread