Wider Wheels

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
Can anybody here tell me if there is a way to widen the stock wheels on my car. I have a 10th Anniversary, and I'm not willing to get rid of these rims because I love them, but I would like to make the back two at least 10.5" wide. I know that I've seen at least one person in this forum that has had wheels widened. I would just like to know if anybody knows where I could get this done? Thanx.

spleen04

Tooty Fn Fruity
Established Member
I know you are trying to keep the stock wheels, but why not buy the same wheel online but in a larger size. Many companies have them, check in some mag's too and find a vendor.

Just a thought... I bought "rip-off" 2000 cobra R's for my 02 gt when I had it, with a real center cap no-one would know. I was very happy with them although I had them 2 months before trading the car in for the cobra with the new rims, long story, but it gave me a what i wanted at the time

Brian

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
spleen04 said:
I know you are trying to keep the stock wheels, but why not buy the same wheel online but in a larger size. Many companies have them, check in some mag's too and find a vendor.

Just a thought... I bought "rip-off" 2000 cobra R's for my 02 gt when I had it, with a real center cap no-one would know. I was very happy with them although I had them 2 months before trading the car in for the cobra with the new rims, long story, but it gave me a what i wanted at the time

Brian
I don't think that they make 10th Anniversary wheels in 10.5'' wide. Don't quote me, as I may be wrong, but I have never heard of aftermarket anniverasry wheels. :shrug:

-Mike

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
SALEENstang96 said:
I don't think that they make 10th Anniversary wheels in 10.5'' wide.
You are correct...nobody makes a 10.5" Anniversary wheel. I don't think they'd be able to sell enough of them to justify the tooling.

-Greg

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
I've looked all over the internet, and the only size available for the 10th anniversary wheels is 17x9.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I personally would like to see a 10th anniversary done up with a dish like the dished bullits that wheelreplicas sell. I would buy that in a heartbeat

CMPRSD

Established Member
I had my rear FR500s widened by a local guy who specializes in such work for Street Rods and the like. Because they are 18s, the most I could have achieved was 10.25". I went with 10". And it was pricey: $275/ea. Would post a shot or two, but I AM NOT ALLOWED. And I cannot, for the life of me, find out why.

This serves as an invitation for a moderator to comment to me (please).

The Widening Wheels site mentioned earlier sounds like a good place to contact; $200/ea. is probably reasonable.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
CMPRSD said:
I had my rear FR500s widened...Would post a shot or two, but I AM NOT ALLOWED...
You have to host the picture somewhere else and post the link. Email me a pic ([email protected]) and I'll host it and post it in this thread. I'm curious to see it myself.

-Greg

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
What about Stockton Wheel Company? I know they do great work with steel wheels, but I don't know what they can do with cast aluminum.

KOOY

Established Member
Mine has the stock machined 17" on it, and I just don't have the money to afford a set of four new wheels right now. So anyone have the machined rim in 17" and with a stock look so that I can match them with the front stock rims?

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
CMPRSD said:
I had my rear FR500s widened by a local guy...I went with 10"....
Here are the pics of his widened wheels...

WeldBead.gif

WeldBead2.gif

wheel1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread