widest 15" rim on IRS

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
I have read dozens of threads on this subject. I know the 15x10 won't fit without all the massaging. In another thread a guy put some 15x8 on but didn't like the look, so he swapped them for 15x9 welds rts. I pmed him over a week ago asking if he needed to grind, change the tie rod ends and what back spacing was needed with no respond. does anyone know so I can order some wheels. thanks

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I have read dozens of threads on this subject. I know the 15x10 won't fit without all the massaging. In another thread a guy put some 15x8 on but didn't like the look, so he swapped them for 15x9 welds rts. I pmed him over a week ago asking if he needed to grind, change the tie rod ends and what back spacing was needed with no respond. does anyone know so I can order some wheels. thanks

Send a PM to SYMach1, he will set you straight on everything. To my knowledge you can run a 15x9 and you will have to grind the knuckle and the tie rod. I believe if you run the MM tie rods you will not have to grind them, they will clear. With a 15x10 I think you will have to do all the above plus change out your rear brake line but Im not positive on that.

Edit: Here are the sizes. 15x9 w/5.5 BS for the rears and the fronts are 17x4.7 w/1.9 BS,

Last edited:

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
Send a PM to SYMach1, he will set you straight on everything. To my knowledge you can run a 15x9 and you will have to grind the knuckle and the tie rod. I believe if you run the MM tie rods you will not have to grind them, they will clear. With a 15x10 I think you will have to do all the above plus change out your rear brake line but Im not positive on that.

Edit: Here are the sizes. 15x9 w/5.5 BS for the rears and the fronts are 17x4.7 w/1.9 BS,

thanks I did.

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
15x9.25 with 5.5bs....have to touch the knuckle lil bit and tie rod, or run mm tie rods and they will clear no issues

Users who are viewing this thread