Established Member
I'm looking to get new tires especially for the rear
285/35/19 is stock could I fit a 305 on the back of it
No scrubbing? I'm lowered on h&r supersports let me know
Will a 305 fit on a boss 302 wheel in the back

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I had a shop try to install nitto invo 305/30/19 on my OEM wheels but they said it mounted but would not hold air. I know someone who had 295 on his oem boss wheels

Laztug

Established Member
You should have no problems rubbing.
I run 315/35/20 on mpss tires, i just rub at extreme inclines nothing major.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I had a shop try to install nitto invo 305/30/19 on my OEM wheels but they said it mounted but would not hold air. I know someone who had 295 on his oem boss wheels

Hmmm thats weird..the difference in width between the 2 tires are 0.393". Boss wheels are 9" wide I think, so even though a 305 is touch too wide for that wheel, I know it would at least mount up and hold air. A 10" wheel would be optimum for a 12" wide 305 tire. Could be the sidewall stiffness on the Invo though ...may have not done the "stretch".

Last edited:

c. love

Established Member
The 305 on a 9 is over square. The problem with the tire shop is they are novices you can get them to mount up but its takes some extra love to get them to bead up. Generally over square requires some ratchet straps and a cheetah

dazwelding

Established Member
Boss non-LS OEM wheels are 19x9 up front and 19x9.5 in the rear. I am currently running 285's up front and 295's in the rear. Not sure about anything wider.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I know guys on the road course who had 305's all the way around on aftermarket wheels, and they cleared.

If you're putting them on the stockers your wasting your money putting 305's on a 9" wide wheel. The side walls will bulge and it pulls the edge of the tread up so you're not really getting the full contact patch. Really anything over 275's on the 9" wheel will start to do this. Sounds like a good excuse for new wheels to me.

Users who are viewing this thread