Wife and I Made The Switch To Electric Bikes

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I'm an avid mountain biker and e-bikes are basically sacrilege to mountain bikers. But, I am warming up to them and understand why some people prefer them to pedal bikes. Like others have said you can get just as good as a workout on a e-bike then on a regular bike.

My94GT

Established Member
I’ll admit I was going to be quick to pass judgment but reading this thread through I could see where these would have their place.

Adower

Established Member
I've seen some nasty crashes on the e-bikes while riding my road bike. A lot of these involve older people who come around a corner to fast and eat it pretty bad.

lilcoop03

Established Member
I was biking 60-80 miles a week on average on my road bike. I also ride mountain bikes. In April my dad and I ordered E bikes after talking to a few people we ran in to riding them. At first I was also against them, thinking what’s the point? I started doing research on them, basically you get out what you put in. You can work as hard as you want and use the motor to supplement speed, or you can use the hand throttle and do absolutely zero work. Several studies show Ebike owners get more exercise than regular bike owners because they ride more frequently and go further distances on average.

I purchased a 2020 Rad Rover. It has a 750 watt motor with 48 AH battery. It goes 25 mph and the range varies from 35-50 miles on the battery depending on the peddle assist. You can go from 0 assist to 5. I usually cruise around on PAS 3 and that puts me at 16-18 mph. I ride it every day I absolutely love it. I have not rode my other bikes once since getting it.

I have 350 miles on it now and have had zero issues besides keeping my wife off it, so I got her one as well. Best money I have spent in a long time.

Wife’s 2020 Rad Rover Step through

View attachment 1656354

My 2020 Rad Rover

View attachment 1656355

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the price of one of these?

GodStang

Established Member
The guy that lives on my street makes the Pedego. I in an area with many retired people and they use them.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Can you wire in a BAP Booky?
I think they’re pretty sweet, always good to get out and get some sun and sweat.
-J

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Can you wire in a BAP Booky?
I think they’re pretty sweet, always good to get out and get some sun and sweat.
-J

I just installed a Stiegy stage 5 and should have it dyno tuned soon. ;)

I forgot how much fun riding a bike can be. I think we are going to get a lot of use out of these.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
"Make sure to read the manual..." -Simon Cowell 2020

(Simon Cowell undergoes surgery for broken back after bike accident)

At least my head will be protected. My second purchase after the e-bike:

black_MIPS_helmet_005_2000x_426a8e0a-8d63-4ce7-bc47-edfd577a37b4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread