Wife blew the clutch...

montanagrog

Established Member
The other day started out bad and headed down hill qwick!! My son called, his 89 was dripping from the rear, daughter had to rescue me as I locked the keys in my work van. Then the wiofe calls and the the clutch in the pickup decided to exit. :cuss:

Son's was an easy fix, daughter just laughed at me, and we towed the old pickup home. When I got home, I got a call from a guy who 'scooped' me on a Saleen convertable about a month ago. Come to find out he only wanted the engine and transmission for a custom rod he was building. He was 'told by some knowledgeable mechanics' that he couldn't adapt the EFI in the rod, so he wanted to dump the body along with everything but longblock and trans.

I went up and what was suppose to be a 347 stroker, didn't even have block clearanced for 347 rods and the trans was a T5 out of a 4 cylinder! So in a of the wall question I asked if he just wanted to trade the Saleen body for a '93 F150, 300-6 cylinder, with a blown clutch.

He agreed so, my grandson now is added to my sig with his 1988 Saleen convertable, black on black. The best part is the all the Saleen specific parts are there. Now there will be 3 generations working on this one, although he's only 7 months old right now!! :pepper:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Ahh lemons turn into lemonaide. Glad to see your bad day turned out pretty good. Any pics of the new vert?

montanagrog

Established Member
4VCobraSVT said:
Ahh lemons turn into lemonaide. Glad to see your bad day turned out pretty good. Any pics of the new vert?

No pics yet, as the previous owner took the bumpers and ground effects off to get it on and off the trailer. Still trying to get Saleen to answer back on parts avaliblity and build sheets. And I thought Ford's response times were slow! :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread