Wife got in a wreck, lend me your opinions SVT

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Wife got in a wreck last night, other driver was at fault (he cut into her lane). KBB books the car at about $7500 for good condition, you think they might total it?

35b8pyf.jpg

24qu5wh.jpg

1z6fwgm.jpg

2pzmfxu.jpg

zwm8nq.jpg

Door is done for, rocker is scuffed (don't think it is bent), quarter is crinkled good, bumper cover is scuffed, and assuming there aren't any cracks the wheel will need replacing/refinishing. I can't tell if there is any suspension damage or not, it was a low speed hit (<20mph), but you never know.

Thoughts?

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Those sort of wrecks are infuriating, but still I'm glad it was minor and she's ok.

Sorry, I know nothing about paint/body or insurance! Hopefully a more knowledgeable member will chime in.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
Wife got in a wreck last night, other driver was at fault (he cut into her lane). KBB books the car at about $7500 for good condition, you think they might total it?

35b8pyf.jpg

24qu5wh.jpg

1z6fwgm.jpg

2pzmfxu.jpg

zwm8nq.jpg

Door is done for, rocker is scuffed (don't think it is bent), quarter is crinkled good, bumper cover is scuffed, and assuming there aren't any cracks the wheel will need replacing/refinishing. I can't tell if there is any suspension damage or not, it was a low speed hit (<20mph), but you never know.

Thoughts?

They prolly won't total it, new door skins can replace the damaged stuff, worse case for the door it would get replaced with one from another car. You would be amazed how a good body man can repair the body/structure of a car.

flS/R

Established Member
based on the damage in the pics provided, the car will not likely be totaled. Don't be surprised if repair costs for this small amount of damage runs about 4k

GBNFG 03 DSG

Established Member
I say no. But I think the repairs will be alittle more than expected. My wifes fusion needed a new mirror and paint to the driver door and fender and it was about 2600.00.

S/CCobra03

Established Member
That door could be saved but most shops will reskin it at the very least. A good body man could fix it without putting a new skin on it as long as the cross bracing isn't too damaged. After looking closer, I would be more worried about the rear wheel that got hit. You may have some damage to the suspension there.....still not a total though.

Last edited:

DailyDriver

Established Member
I say no. But I think the repairs will be alittle more than expected. My wifes fusion needed a new mirror and paint to the driver door and fender and it was about 2600.00.

I wouldnt go back to that shop, you got riped off big time, the mirrior is only $60 and paint at most be $200 so $2340 for labor? thats about 15 hours worth at $150/hr

Even if this car needs a new door should still be under $2000

Last edited:

61mmstang94

Established Member
Had a new door skin put on my f150, some bodywork, plus paint on two doors and front bumper before and it was right around $2k.

Your car's not totaled, not even close.

Users who are viewing this thread