Wifey got let go

Lumpydogs

Established Member
The wifey got the Thanks for playing the game so well for 12 years but we can replace you with a recent college grad for half the salary. Have a nice life, now get out.

Just another sign of the times. Oh well, on to the next party :beer:

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
Things down here haven't been getting worse for the last 6 months or so, we might actually have an uptick of work.

Good luck, hope your find finds other work soon.

06mustangsixer

CalloutsNOLA
Established Member
Hate to hear it man. She will relize her mistake and you were 12 years of her life she will think about you every day.

Keep the head up and car parts make me feel better. You could always try it. lol

Carry on.

I dont think she left him. I think she got fired from her job

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Know how you feel. After HP bought out EDS, they let go 27,000 workers, many in SE Michigan. Recently, those in the Pontiac area were notified that they were eligible for assistance under a TRA (Trade Readjustment Allowance) provision relating to workers displaced by work being given to foreign workers. Basically, HP let go experienced older workers, and replaced them with younger foreign workers. They are now posting to hire people to replace the positions vacated by the older workers.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/uia_TRAFactSheet102_76398_7.pdf
MDCD - Trade Adjustment Assistance Program

Don't know if any of this is applicable to your wife.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Don't scare me like that, I thought THE Wifey got let go and wasn't going to make any more videos....

BTW, that sucks for your wife.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Know how you feel. After HP bought out EDS, they let go 27,000 workers, many in SE Michigan. Recently, those in the Pontiac area were notified that they were eligible for assistance under a TRA (Trade Readjustment Allowance) provision relating to workers displaced by work being given to foreign workers. Basically, HP let go experienced older workers, and replaced them with younger foreign workers. They are now posting to hire people to replace the positions vacated by the older workers.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/uia_TRAFactSheet102_76398_7.pdf
MDCD - Trade Adjustment Assistance Program

Don't know if any of this is applicable to your wife.

It sucks, but it's part of running a business.

Domingo

LTs on a V6 Vert
Established Member
Being laid off isn't always a bad thing. Tell her to get right out and start applying if she's ready to work again. I got laid off and had an offer in hand 4 days later, with a 33% increase in pay:rockon:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The wifey got the Thanks for playing the game so well for 12 years but we can replace you with a recent college grad for half the salary. Have a nice life, now get out.

Just another sign of the times.

And get twice the productivity.

Sucks, but the younger generation can just do more. New hire will probably do more work in less timeand still have time to postwhore hondatech/ls1tech/svtp/whatever. Damn multiasking.

Just another sign of the times.

Im pretty leery, i mean hell, people in the workforce around 40yrs are getting eclipsed productivity wise, by those 20-25yrs old who know how to use technology. Hell, at the pace were advancing, im 25 now and wouldnt doubt ill get ran over by some kid in his low 20's by the time i reach 30-35. Im already starting to "peak" as far as my knowledge and understanding (and will to learn) new technology goes. Just dont have time/patience for that shit anymore, work 8-5pm, have a 45min drive to and from work, and by the time i get home, i watch tv, eat, watch more tv, and go to bed. When i was single, id play on the PC or whatnot and be up and up with that sorta stuff, now with GF just dont have the motivation or patience. I dont even have patience to learn how to jailbreak my iPhone, not to mention i got it since its simple to use, a year ago i would have lol'd at the idea of a simple phone. I bought a 360 because constantly downloading torrents, mounting, and copying over cracked exe's for free games was getting annoying (especially no multiplayer).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread