Will 1999 Mustang GT rims fit?

wazslow

Established Member
Does anyone know if rear rims from a 1999 Mustang GT will fit on the rear of a 2011 Mustang GT? I can get a set of 17 inch 1999 Mustang GT rims for $50, I need to know if they will fit ok on a 2011 Mustang GT. I just want to run a set of MT Drag Radials on them since I have the tires sitting here...

Thanks!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Does anyone know if rear rims from a 1999 Mustang GT will fit on the rear of a 2011 Mustang GT? I can get a set of 17 inch 1999 Mustang GT rims for $50, I need to know if they will fit ok on a 2011 Mustang GT. I just want to run a set of MT Drag Radials on them since I have the tires sitting here...

Thanks!

Will they fit? Yes.. However the offset is completely wrong and the wheels will stick out past the fenderwell. We ran the 03 cobra 17x10.5" replicas at the track on our 08' GT500 with Hoosier DR's and they worked great but I would only run them at the track as they would look pretty stupid if driven around on the street.

Hope that helps.

Jared

AmnDucky

Established Member
Will they fit? Yes.. However the offset is completely wrong and the wheels will stick out past the fenderwell. We ran the 03 cobra 17x10.5" replicas at the track on our 08' GT500 with Hoosier DR's and they worked great but I would only run them at the track as they would look pretty stupid if driven around on the street.

Hope that helps.

Jared

Wider axle or narrower body?

wazslow

Established Member

Hope that helps.

Jared

Cool, thanks! These will just be for the track, until I get a nicer set of track wheels/tires.

Users who are viewing this thread