Will 25" glasspacks fit in place of resenators

neatofrito1618

Established Member
I had my resonators removed a while ago, the guy that removed them put a pretty good size pipe in place of the resonators which I believe is longer than the 18" traditional glasspacks.

I'm not at home so I don't have a floor jack or any means to lift the car to measure the exhaust system at the moment. I'm thinking of ordering 25" glasspacks but am unsure if the exhaust system is straight enough in that area for the glasspacks to be a direct weld-in. These are what I'm looking at http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynomax/289/2...UWdOC2TwRWcondOHPuAau02-dUFwIPEpHNhoCOo7w_wcB

Anyone have any input? Thanks!

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I replaced my stock resonators with 18" x 3" resonators... I'm sure any decent exhaust shop could put resonators back on for you.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
I replaced my stock resonators with 18" x 3" resonators... I'm sure any decent exhaust shop could put resonators back on for you.
I don't have the stock resonators, and even if I did I still wouldn't put them back in. How much pipe(that runs straight) do you have before/after your 18" resonators?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I meant have 18" resonators put on... Looks like there is 23" max of straight pipe.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    748.3 KB · Views: 151

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I'm not sure of the brand, my car was having work done at Alternative Auto Performance (MI) & I had their local exhaust guy take off my cats & replace the resonators with larger ones. I have long tubes & off road X pipe with no pinging sound. It actually has a nice deep growl at WOT now!

I see Summit Racing carries Resonators

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 107

Users who are viewing this thread