Will a Fiore firewall adjuster/clutch quadrant kit and LDC spring kit do the trick?

T.O.Snake

Established Member
Just got my chirping TOB replaced under warranty by Ford, using the updated parts Ford has. Obviously, I don't want to have to do this once a year, so I want to know what I can do to prevent it, without having to shell out for a new aftermarket clutch plus install.
Will something like the Fiore kit along with the LDC spring kit solve the problem for me? Seems like a fairly economical option if it will. I understand the LDC kit is only meant to be run with an aftermarket FA/CQ kit.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, particularly from anyone who has had the problem and seems to have solved it on their own car. Thanks.

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
That combo has worked for others, but there is a possibility Ford will deny any potential TOB issues that could happen later due to the aftermarket quad - it's the reason I haven't replaced the stock crap in my car.
My TOB starting chirping after Ford did a TSB on my T-3650, and while I should just take the car in for service I really don't want to. I'm tempted to try the LDC spring in my stock setup, but I'm concerned that I'd be running the risk of snapping the plastic quad.

Charles236

Established Member
I have the LDC freeplay correction kit and a Steeda adjuster and quick release quadrant, no problems with throwout bearing noise with this setup. The LDC kit is not meant for use with a stock quadrant, I'm not sure why. I already had the Steeda quadrant and adjuster, so I didn't study on it too much, but I believe that the LDC kit would defeat the self adjusting mechanism of the stock quadrant.

hurtindude

Banned
T.O.Snake said:
Just got my chirping TOB replaced under warranty by Ford, using the updated parts Ford has. Obviously, I don't want to have to do this once a year, so I want to know what I can do to prevent it, without having to shell out for a new aftermarket clutch plus install.
Will something like the Fiore kit along with the LDC spring kit solve the problem for me? Seems like a fairly economical option if it will. I understand the LDC kit is only meant to be run with an aftermarket FA/CQ kit.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, particularly from anyone who has had the problem and seems to have solved it on their own car. Thanks.

i am not fond of the ldc kit. I find the spring doesn't remain centered, and can bind. i had it, and removed it same day. it was binding on the end of the clutch cable sheilding.

Users who are viewing this thread