will a fox solid fit in an 03/04 cobra

tjs98gt

Established Member
provided it has 5 lug axles of course. what would be needed to make this work? i know 94-98 fit and 99-04 fit as well. does anyone know what the difference in length is from 94-98? or from 99-04? i know theres 3/4 inch difference per side from 94-98 but idk about a fox rear. i can measure my buddies fox but just getting our schedules to match and get it to my shop is hard, and plus i dont know where i should measure from and to.

thanks for any help guys!

:beer:

tjs98gt

Established Member
ok, well i did more research on google and found the answers i was looking for.

so for anyone who didnt already know

the fox solid is the same housing width as a 94-98 rear, so yes it will fit like a 94-98 BUT since the fox's had no abs the axle length was shorter so you will need 94-98 length axles because they are slightly longer outside of the housing to account for the ABS rings. you will need to take the ABS sensors out of the IRS for your solid and obviously you will need a disc brake setup as well because the fox cars had drum.

reason i asked is because one of my buddies has a fox with a 31 spline diff/axles and my other buddy has an 03 cobra and they wanted to swap rear ends from one car to another so i told them id look into it for them.

Users who are viewing this thread