Will a tr6060 bolt directly up to the coyote motor?

oufan2929

Established Member
I'm told they don't use tr6060's, but was curious if a tr6060 is a direct bolt on? Thanks--Andy

AmnDucky

Established Member
Would that mean it would bolt to a 4.6 2V transmission(5R55W)? How sweet it would be to put a 5.0 in my 02' Explorer:D

The 5.0 is made on the same machines as the 4.6 so a lot of things are the same. Such as mounts, dimensions, and bell housing bolt patterns.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Idk w the variable cam and other stuff well it's like a redhead stepkid no easy road imo to do swaps w older ecu's. Like taking a 386 laptop trying to run windows 7. Prob stay w a older 4v will be successfull.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
The more important question is, why would you want to? The Getrag seems to be a far superior transmission than the T56 or TR6060.

FWP!

Established Member
The more important question is, why would you want to? The Getrag seems to be a far superior transmission than the T56 or TR6060.

I dunno about that. This chinese crap transmission is a real pain in the ass for me a lot of the time. I nearly can't shift into reverse AT ALL when it's cold. I had to FORCE IT into gear.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
hit the weight room or something... then it will pop right into reverse... LOL

seriously though it was hard to get in reverse for when it was brand new but the more miles i get on it the easier it is...

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member

No. LOL it is not. :nono: The 5.0 standard transmissions are breaking left and right... they don't have near the torque capability as the T56 or TR6060. I'm talking real world facts, not what's on paper.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
The Getrag is nice, but a TR6060 is FAR stronger. To answer the OP's question, yes, you can bolt a T56/TR6060 right up to the Coyote.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
No. LOL it is not. :nono: The 5.0 standard transmissions are breaking left and right... they don't have near the torque capability as the T56 or TR6060. I'm talking real world facts, not what's on paper.

The Getrag is nice, but a TR6060 is FAR stronger. To answer the OP's question, yes, you can bolt a T56/TR6060 right up to the Coyote.

That's disappointing. I don't know anything about the real world facts since I don't own one. Looking at the specs I always compared them to the Getrag V160 in the Supra. I wonder if the guts of a V160 can be swapped into an MT82, now THAT would be an upgrade! :) Those V160s have gone deep into the 8s with well over 1200rwhp in 3400lb+ cars....

I never liked the fact the T56 and TR6060s have 2 OD gears, I think if you can improve upon the Getrag's design it would be superior in the end. The 5.0 is a rev-happy motor, the MT82 already has shorter gearing and people are putting 4.10 final gear ratios. With a TR6060, the ratios are taller and it has 5th and 6th gear overdrives. That's fine in a positive displacement blown 5.4L, but I wouldn't prefer it in a N/A 5.0L.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Just change the gears in the Tremec and problem solved. It's a much stronger tranny as already been said. The internals are significantly beefier.

The aftermarket for Tremec is pretty big.

Users who are viewing this thread