Will GT500 steering wheel and shifter boot work in my 300A '12 Brembo GT?

S197 in SC

Established Member
Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States
I'm referring to steering wheel CR-3Z3600-AB and shifter boot AR3Z-7277-AA .

If these will fit (I believe they will), will the steering wheel controls (stereo volume and cruise control only, since I don't have Sync) work by just plug and play? If not, can I have my local dealer program it to work? What should I ask them when I call to set up an appointment, assuming they can?

Thanks in advance!
Mike

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
They will both physically fit assuming 2010+ GT500 parts. You will need the appropriate Boss 302 or 401A package knob to work with the boot.

No idea what's involved in the electronics.

S197 in SC

Established Member
Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States
I understand what you're saying about the shifter boot.

The thing I'm most worried about is losing steering wheel controls. I use my cruise whenever I'm on an interstate, highway, etc. I don't think changing wheels would be worth it if I lose functionality of it.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I've seen many posts and even magazine articles where they upgraded the base wheel to a premium/GT500/Boss 302 unit successfully. Also did a little searching/reading and looks like the cruise will work fine but the stereo controls would require an ACM update. If you do a browser search on "mustang gt upgrade base steering wheel" you should see some pretty well documented posts on what's required to enable the steering wheel radio controls in a base car.

ac1122

Established Member
Its a straight swap you just need to delete the ACM data and add the new one for the radio controls.

Anyone with IDS and the acm data can do it. allfordmustangs.com has a detailed thread on all that is needed.

naeem5oh

Established Member
u will retain cruise control use but will need to get ur acm data program to that of a premium gt, u will need to find a dealer who has the IDS programmer, shouldnt cost more then $40, if it does, find a different dealer

Users who are viewing this thread