Will I need fuel upgrades when adding a 2.76 upper only?

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
Will I have enugh fuel if I add just a 2.76 pulley and 4 piece idlers with a tune? The only other mods I have are a fipk and Bassani X and catback.

Thanks.

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
Awesome, I was debating doing the ported blower route. I just can't justify going that way if then I will need a bap, 60's, lower pulley, mafia, ect. just to take advantage of it. I'll prob then just go with the 2.76 and then eventually just go with a single turbo kit.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
i would aso get a heat exchanger, and a IC resevoir if i were you, cool that baby down some.

cory

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Have the shop log your max MAF voltage and pumps. Only way to know for sure. Many have pegged their meters w/ a 2.76" upper. (I was pretty close with just a 2.93").

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Black2003Cobra said:
Have the shop log your max MAF voltage and pumps. Only way to know for sure. Many have pegged their meters w/ a 2.76" upper. (I was pretty close with just a 2.93").

+1

every car is different and the only way to know for sure is to datalog the MAF counts, FPDC, and drop across the injectors. my car ran out of pumps with the 2.76" upper, and then ran out of injectors and MAF with the stage IV port. why chance it?? you don't have to be prepared to upgrade your fuel system, but you SHOULD check to make sure you'll be ok. my car is an exception to the rule.

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
I just run a 2.76 pulley, 100 mm idler , custom tune, magnaflow mufflers only , new steeda cai . 471 hp and 491 tq 91 oct , 19 timing, a/f 11.7 - 12.0. spend all your money on the tune !!

I have a couple of guys putting down 500 hp with ported blower,lower pulley, bap.maf,60 injectors and there only 1/2 to 3/4 of a car length faster !! (not worth the extra money to me)

save your money for a turbo system or a whipple.....but then youll need all the extra's !

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
don't port the blower unless you plan on spending a lot more than planned. Friend had a stage 2 port with 2.93 upper only and everything was almost pegged, and had 502rwhp SAE.

I ported my blower and it ended up costing me a 2400 MAF, 60 lbs injectors and adapters, KB BAP - I ended up spending a LOT more than planned!!!

With a 2.76, idlers, good tune you will be fine and have a lot of torque!

Users who are viewing this thread