will i regret stepping down from 4.10's to 3.73's?

mts

Established Member
When i bought my cobra it had 4.10 gears installed. I've been thinking alot about stepping down to a 3.73 gear instead of the 4.10's. When i cross the 1/4 mile line at the strip i'm all but out of gear in 4th gear already.... and feel like when i bump up any higher in power i'll be shifting into 5th and actually losing some time. Which is why i am thinking that 3.73 is going to be the way to go. Advice? Recommendations?

cj428mach

Established Member
I can't even imagine a terminator with gears. Its hard enough to get traction in first gear now with the 3.55's.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
When i bought my cobra it had 4.10 gears installed. I've been thinking alot about stepping down to a 3.73 gear instead of the 4.10's. When i cross the 1/4 mile line at the strip i'm all but out of gear in 4th gear already.... and feel like when i bump up any higher in power i'll be shifting into 5th and actually losing some time. Which is why i am thinking that 3.73 is going to be the way to go. Advice? Recommendations?

I run 3.73s with 26" tires on the street and 28" tires at the track.
For me it is ideal.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You are killing me!!
You could always spectate and hang out with the cool kids.

Ha, a old man with the cool kids. I'll run it by the boss, she'll probably want to go because she says I never take her anywhere, lol.

Sorry for the thread jack OP

Users who are viewing this thread