Will I run out of gear before the traps?

averagejoe

SVT Poster
Established Member
I just ordered a set of M.T 26x11.5-17 et streets along with a set of FRPP 4.10 gears. It seems I may have picked the wrong gear set. My car, horse power wise is 100% stock. Will I run out of gear before I go through the traps? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
I just ordered a set of M.T 26x11.5-17 et streets along with a set of FRPP 4.10 gears. It seems I may have picked the wrong gear set. My car, horse power wise is 100% stock. Will I run out of gear before I go through the traps? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Stock you won't run out of gear, but all in all the 4.10's probably are a little too much gear for an 03-04 on 26" tires. With all of our torque, we do not need as steep of a gear as the N/A Cobras.

If you have no intention on going past being pulleyed you may be OK with them. As long as you can keep the tires planted, it will accelerate a little harder.

3.90's or 3.73's might be a better choice.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
While 4.10's are probably not optimal for most Terminator setups with 26" tires, like MPE posted, there's are fellas that have done quite well at the track with this combo.

Janstang

Established Member
Just re-read your original post. No, you won't run out of gear before you go through the traps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread