Will it hurt to steam clean the seats on a 03 Cobra?

bigchris2000

Established Member
The seats in my 03 Cobra need a good cleaning, and I was wondering if a steam cleaner with no chemicals would hurt the fabric? If not what works well? Thanks for any help.

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
From the company that makes the sued like fabric.

To preserve the beauty of Alcantara®, we recommend that you clean the material regularly, avoiding energetic scrubbing and the use of steaming equipment.

Daily cleaning: dust Alcantara® using a soft brush, a dry cloth, or a vacuum cleaner.

Weekly cleaning: after dusting Alcantara®, clean it with a slightly damp, white cotton cloth; avoid using printed cloth or paper towels which could leave ink marks on the material.

Annual cleaning: if the covering is removable, clean it in the washing machine, following the procedure described in the page "General washing instructions".

If the covering is not removable, you can use specific products, or - if they are not on hand - dust it with a soft cloth or sponge dampened with clean water. Wring it out well and clean all Alcantara® material, taking care not to wet the upholstery too deeply; dampen the cloth in clean water, wipe again, and allow to dry well overnight. Rejuvenate the material by brushing it delicately with a soft-bristled brush.

Ordinary maintenance - Alcantara

Users who are viewing this thread