Will MAch 1 rearend fit the cobra?

03nightmare

BRAD
Established Member
Will the mach1 rear end fit the 03 cobra and if so will you have to do any modifications to it. like drive shaft cutting or anything like that. I am looking at swapping a mach1 rear into my car and put the IRS in the mach . does anyone have any info regarding this or any words of wisdom?

03cobrarocks

Established Member
03nightmare said:
Will the mach1 rear end fit the 03 cobra and if so will you have to do any modifications to it. like drive shaft cutting or anything like that. I am looking at swapping a mach1 rear into my car and put the IRS in the mach . does anyone have any info regarding this or any words of wisdom?

yes it will fit perfectly fine... you will not be able to keep the same brakes or same exhaust that I know for sure....

I have a solid axle out of an 98 cobra with the following mods:

3.73s, upper control arms, lower control arms, t/a differential girdle, swaybar, 31 moser splines, eaton differtinal, wheel spacers, eibach springs...

I still need torque boxes reinforced, axle tubes welded and shocks....

while you only NEED new cat-back, brakes, swaybar, I would go ahead and get everything at one time so you dont have to mess with it for awhile.

and coming from someone that has a solid yes it does ride a little rougher and you car will sit a little higher unless you get LOW springs... but imo its well worth it to get rid of wheelhop, have a fuilly built solid axle and to get some weight out of the car....

hope this helps becuase I do not know if anyone else will post seeing as all half of them know how to say is "use the search button"

MVD

Established Member
03cobrarocks said:
yes it will fit perfectly fine... you will not be able to keep the same brakes or same exhaust that I know for sure....

while you only NEED new cat-back, brakes, swaybar, I would go ahead and get everything at one time so you dont have to mess with it for awhile.

Actually with a Mach 1 you have to keep the Cobra rear rotors and calipers as the Mach 1's already have the correct caliper adapters (since they use the same size rotors).

Now if you had a GT rearend then yes you would have to use the smaller GT rotors to fit the GT caliper adapters.

MVD

Established Member
03nightmare said:
Thanks guys. good info, anyone know about the driveshaft situation will it fit or not?

Yes it fits fine. Just be sure to use the same pinion flange from an 03 Cobra.

03nightmare

BRAD
Established Member
Ok there is no way a mach is anything like a cobra no thanks shelby guy. I am just trying to look into the mach rear because I have access to one cheap and I was wondering if it would be better for drag racing the cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread