Will Magnaflow X Pipe for 2001 Fit 2003??

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Does anybody know if the 01 magnaflow x pipe will fit the 03 cobra? I like bassani, but I would like to stick with magnaflow on my 03. Plus it is a little cheaper as well. If the 01 bassani bolts to the 03 no problem, shouldnt it be the same for magnaflow??

Cobra'03

Established Member
Word of mouth is yes, and I am seriously thinking about it also - ythough I want some reports of loudness. I am sure MagnaFlow will follow the Bassani route and claim a specially engineered setup for the 03 - it is just good marketing, although they won't get me on mktg alone. I have the MagnaFlow catback and the quality and fit were exceptional.

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Originally posted by mjchip
YES, it fits. I know this because I have it on my '03.

Mark

Mark,,,,do you like the sound of the Mag. x pipe?? Did you notice an increase in power? Thanks!

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by COBRyan

Mark,,,,do you like the sound of the Mag. x pipe?? Did you notice an increase in power? Thanks!

Well, power increase......YES.

Sound? With the Magnaflow x-pipe w/cats and cat-back the sound is very nice albeit a little exotic sounding (the nature of the X). However, I had the same setup on my last car with JBA headers and the sound was more more deep and muscle car sounding. Since I'm about to do longtubes, I'll be ditching the X-pipe in favor of a shorty X or H. That should be a killer sound with the Magnaflow cat-back.

Cheers,

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread