Will Messing With Throttle Position Mess Up My Tune At All?

ArcaneParadise

Established Member
Hello...

So basically I've got a Billetflow Throttle Body and I also had my car tuned.

For those of u with aftermarket throttle bodies, you probably know that you can adjust the starting throttle position.

The person that tuned my car had the throttle set at a particular position.

I adjusted it so that the throttle position starts more *open* than before. IE. you pretty the peddle less and get more power.

1. Will this mess up my tune at all?

Also, I the TB position starts off preeetty open, because I like just being able to hit the gas a little and get some instant power. Will this mess up anything that has to do with my WOT?

2 IE, should the power at WOT be the same from any initial throttle position setting?

Thanks very much.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
ArcaneParadise said:
Hello...

So basically I've got a Billetflow Throttle Body and I also had my car tuned.

For those of u with aftermarket throttle bodies, you probably know that you can adjust the starting throttle position.

The person that tuned my car had the throttle set at a particular position.

I adjusted it so that the throttle position starts more *open* than before. IE. you pretty the peddle less and get more power.

1. Will this mess up my tune at all?

Also, I the TB position starts off preeetty open, because I like just being able to hit the gas a little and get some instant power. Will this mess up anything that has to do with my WOT?

2 IE, should the power at WOT be the same from any initial throttle position setting?

Thanks very much.

I just read your post 4 times and still can't understand what you are trying to ask. Can you edit your post and make it more comprehendible so we can try to help you out?...

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
If you are adjusting the throttle blade stop screw you sir have had it.
Adjust the throttle position sensor to .99 volts.

ArcaneParadise

Established Member
All right.

1. I had a tune about 4 months ago.

2. During tune, the throttle blade screw stop is at position X.

3. After tune, I decided to screw the throttle blade screw stop in more.

Will this affect my performance at WOT?

Ironhand

Banned
If your asking what I think your asking then no. The computer reads the air coming into the engine via the MAF. So you can have that thing completely off and it will not hurt the tune one bit. But it will affect driveability, throttle response..etc.

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
I dont think you have any issues with your set up if you only made the blade stop hold the blade open more. You wanted a higher idle, the idle is computer controlled. The only other way you could have upped the idle (if it did even go up) would be to drill holes in the throttle body blade or use a hand held tuner.

TrickStang37

Established Member
Zorabot said:
I dont think you have any issues with your set up if you only made the blade stop hold the blade open more. You wanted a higher idle, the idle is computer controlled. The only other way you could have upped the idle (if it did even go up) would be to drill holes in the throttle body blade or use a hand held tuner.
lol i dont know what i was thinkin when i typed that, but it may make it hunt for the idle more and stall the engine. . . you can also jam the valve in the IAC. anyways, still i think it may go up, trying to set my idle in my cammed 93 5.0 i was messing with the TPS sensor and, disconnected, the car would still rev when i would open up the throttle. also, the idle was too low and got it just right by drilling a whole in the throttle plate.

thinking about it, maybe it can mess with your tune, maybe not. because now, your slightly more open throttle is the new .95-99v on the TPS sensor. And now full throttle may not be at full voltage on the TPS. Also, i think i remember reading that the computer resets what the voltage should be at on the TPS sensor everytime you let go of the throttle, as long as its under 1.0v. anything above that and the idle starts acting funny. thats the way the EEC on the 5.0 was, OBDII cars are probably more finicky. then again, i think you only need to go like 3/4 throttle on the TPS sensor to be considered WOT, i dont remember anymore. its been a minute since i had to mess with sensors and stuff, so everything is kinda vague right now. probably better if I would have not said anything LOL.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
It's not going to mess with your tune at all at WOT. It may effect things just a little in closed loop, but your car will compensate and learn the changes.... No worries!

Users who are viewing this thread