Will replacing my resonators with race bullets help quiet my exhaust???

herzeleid05

Established Member
I just took my Roush ABs off my car and replaced them with GT500s. The Roush was just a little too loud for me. The GT500s are way quieter, almost like stock next to the Roush. I am pulling the trigger next week on the Cobra Jet set up and wanted to delete my cats at the same time. Will replacing my resonators with race bullets help with the volume? I leave early in the morning for work and my wife gets pissed when I wake up the baby...but I would like the power gain from cat deletes. Thanks for any insight.

P.S. I'm a dumbass and I have trouble using the search function on this forum.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I did this and the quality of the sound got better and it took away the raspiness my x pipe was creating. I went with kooks race bulletts! Now go "Get Some".

bunits19714

Established Member
I had 1 7/8 kook's to a ORH to 3" mbrp ota pipes to 5" street mufflers on mine- just recently installed 3" dynomax bullets 12" bodied 16" overall where reso's should be and it makes a drastic difference- but when you wot it is still loud , but you can pull away from a stop sign and it isn't so nasty loud. I should of installed these when I had the mbrp pipes installed.

466roller

Established Member
I've got LT's, X pipe and full 3" magnaflow street series cat back. It was super raspy and droned a little inside the car at highway speeds. I just finished installing 3" bullets where you'd usually have resonators. It didn't lower the VOLUME of the exhaust but it did take the raspiness out of it. If you want to reduce the volume maybe look into the race magnum mufflers instead. When my daughter was younger I used to roll the car out of the driveway and into the street before I started it then slowly creep down the street!

SixPak

Established Member
I ditched the Roush AB's and went with GT500's as well, and replaced the factory resonators with 3"x18" race bullets at the same time. I have a catted X pipe and BBK headers, and the rasp was the reason I got the bullets.
The race bullets combined with the 500's is a great combo IMO.
Here's a vid of the exhaust. I only revved it up to about 4K since it was a cold start up.

http://vid53.photobucket.com/albums/g71/SixPakAttack/capturedvideo_zpsszeaayjj.mp4

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
Op, I just installed magna flow's 20" body, 16" resonator, 3" inlet/outlet with 4" body. This reduce the volume a little bit but it cleaned up the sound a lot. Coldstarts are not near as raspy and loud, part throttle sounds 100 times better but wide open throttle is almost as loud. It was a great addition to my set up. I also use to roll my car down the driveway and wait till I got in the street to start it. I no longer do that.

herzeleid05

Established Member
I appreciate the responses fellas. Installing my Lethal OR H pipe this week. We'll see how it sounds. If its too loud or raspy I will add the bullets

Users who are viewing this thread