Will the stock clutch hold??

testorossa1989

Established Member
I've seen some incredible things done with stock clutchs for ofcourse a short period of time. I have this question and nobody really had this situation. I want to get my car tuned on the dyno with a 3.4, Do any of you guys think the stock clutch will hold up for JUST the dyno run. Im not going to track/street this car, just want to get the dyno tune done

Beffastang

Established Member
I just ran an 10.58 @ 138 on Sunday on the stock clutch. I have a 3.4 whipple crusher. I have a bone stock long block,clutch, and tranny in my car. I made 745 rwhp at only 6000 rpm's on only 18 degrees timing with e-85. I was scared of my clutch slipping at the track so I left out at an idle and eased into the gas and my car hooked up in first gear and it pulled like crazy and to my disbelief the stock clutch held three runs like that. I would not be surprised if my car isn't making close to 800 rwhp at 6,500 rpm's to answer your question yes it will hold for a while, mine should start slipping any time but who knows..lol

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
As proof shows, it should hold up. However, I would say you're taking somewhat of a gamble. You won't know for certain until the rollers start spinning obviously.

Luckily for you, we're running 20% off Mcleod, something we've never done before. If you were on the fence about getting a new clutch set up, now is definitely the time.

Give us a shout with any questions, we'll be happy to help you out.

Thanks
John

Avispa

Established Member
Well I can tell you from personal experience that a 65,000 mile old original one will NOT hold a Whipple 2.3 with 3 inch upper in 4th gear when getting close to 6200 RPM. It actually smoked. I didn't know what it was until I stopped the car and got the distinct smell of burned friction surface material.

wesking1

Established Member
Im sitting on 672 rwhp stock clutch but its coming out as im ordering clutch tomorrow and i dont race the car either

Users who are viewing this thread