Will the tranny drop with bbk l/t's?

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
Needing to do the clutch on my car and was just wondering if n e of u guys kno if the tranny will drop without having to pull the headers, i really dont want do pull the headers, if i have to then i'm taking it to get it done but if i dont then i'll just do it myself. thanks guys

04cobracop

Established Member
Hey you can drop the tranny, but your bellhouse will not come out. I just installed DFX 26spline kit and it was fairly easy. I also have BBK LT's with Tublar K-member. You can remove and install the pressure plate, disc, and flywheel from the bottom of the bellhouse. Good Luck!!!!

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
04cobracop said:
Hey you can drop the tranny, but your bellhouse will not come out. I just installed DFX 26spline kit and it was fairly easy. I also have BBK LT's with Tublar K-member. You can remove and install the pressure plate, disc, and flywheel from the bottom of the bellhouse. Good Luck!!!!

So basically u can unbolt the tranny and drop it AND unbolt the bellhousing but its gonna stay in there?

chitowncobra

Established Member
04cobracop said:
thanks for the tip for future ref. i also have bbk L/tubes

Users who are viewing this thread