Will these wheels fit?

Petrograde

ChampaneTaste, BeerBudget
Established Member
It is my understanding that any wheel that'll fit the '05/06 Mustang will fit the Marauder.

Is this correct?

..if so, we should have a lot better choices in wheels very soon. :rockon:

STLR FN

My Wiener's Covered
Established Member
That is also my understanding. Let the wheel party begin. :pepper:
Petrograde said:
It is my understanding that any wheel that'll fit the '05/06 Mustang will fit the Marauder.

Is this correct?

..if so, we should have a lot better choices in wheels very soon. :rockon:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
If anyone finds some wheels that fit I would appreciate them being added. I would love to get a set to torque thrust wheels that would fit the car.

I wanted to get some stock rims, then widen them, but the sellers on ebay are so obvious about driving their own prices up on the auctions with new accounts with no posts coupled with having the exact same auction again when they went to high. :rollseyes

SergntMac

Established Member
Shhhhhhhh...Keep this quiet,

Hey, don't tell anyone, but here's an interesting link, and something I've been looking for myself. Page down to the last entry...

http://www.karkraft.com/2005_mustang.htm

This is good news to me because these wheels are correct for our Marauders, and 17" will allow me to run Micky Thompson drag radial, IMHO by far the best drag radial available. But, I haven't located a 17" wheel with the corrrect offset, without spending sick money for a custom build that's much too expensive for a set of race only tires. Now things are looking different, and if y'all like the MT tires, find someone to split a set with you? 600 bucks a set, including tires and center caps, dayum, just can't beat that. Would be a great winter option as is, if you need that in your area.

The only two drag radial options for our 18" wheels, are Nittos in 305/45/18, and BFG drag radial in 295/45/18. I think the 305 Nitto requires spacers, not sure on that though. I'm not comfortable with spacers in any racing application, or, high speed twisties, had a scarry experience several years ago, watching my own tire roll through a stoplight beford I slid through. It's just me.

Zack uses the BFG, and get some great '60 foots, and I have borrowed them a few times form my own 1.7x, but I still like the Mickey's more. I've used the ET streets, and Cruztaker has my set now. He's gotten some great times on them. If y'all haven't made up your minds yet, consider the Mickey's? Verrry sticky.

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
If anyone finds some wheels that fit I would appreciate them being added. I would love to get a set to torque thrust wheels that would fit the car.

You mean like this....18 in and should be proper offset...
64W.jpg

MikesMerc

Established Member
SergntMac said:
Hey, don't tell anyone, but here's an interesting link, and something I've been looking for myself. Page down to the last entry...

http://www.karkraft.com/2005_mustang.htm

I still like the Mickey's more. I've used the ET streets, and Cruztaker has my set now. He's gotten some great times on them. If y'all haven't made up your minds yet, consider the Mickey's? Verrry sticky.

I love the MT ET Streets. They are my favorite tire for street/strip (but NOT everyday use).

Thanks for the link.

SergntMac

Established Member
MikesMerc said:
I love the MT ET Streets. They are my favorite tire for street/strip (but NOT everyday use). Thanks for the link.
No problem, Mike, you're welcome. Overall, I didn't favor the ET streets myself. Good opening act, but you surely have to pay attention in the second 1/8 mile. It can get "wheel" wild when bias ply tires follow radials, moreso when it's a heavy car. The "pendulum" effect can be frightening.

Y'all considering changing out OEM wheels, keep these notes in mind? One or more may save you a few agonizing steps.

1) The Marauder OEM wheel is 18X8, 5 lug, 4.5 inch bolt pattern, with a 50mm offset. It uses a 21mm (13/16 SAE) cone lug nut, with an 5X20 right hand thread. Aftermarket wheels for the '05/'06 Mustang must meet these specs, but there's other stuff to consider too, things that the aftermarket doesn't have to meet.

The Marauder wheel requires a cone lug nut, and the nut is 21mm when you're shopping for 1/2 inch drive deep-well sockets. Some aftermarket wheels are cone compliant, and will work with any standard "acorn" type lug nut and wrench. But, some wheel mfgs also produce a measured stud wheel, which requires a flat washer and flush/squared lug nut, ala Cragar SS wheels.

Fortunately, we can buy both styles off the shelf, look for the "Gorilla" display at your local Pep Boys/Auto Zone. Gorilla also provides a stud service at their displays to help you measure the right fit.

2) Watch your wall thickness on your 21mm deep-well socket too. Wheels using a 14-17mm lug nut have smaller holes in the wheel, your socket may not fit inside this hole. I had to replace my Snap-on socket with a Craftsman for the right fit on my MM OEM wheels.

BTW, by now y'all should know that the OEM Marauder lug nut is two piece, a chromed tin shell over a cast steel nut. The shell gives it 21mm shoulders, but the shell will not survive more than 4 maybe 5 impact gun events before the shoulders give way. What's underneath, is 17mm, not usually standard on any SAE 4 way, let alone your one way OEM lug wrench. Best to upgrade your nuts to one-piece solid core, like Gorilla offers. It's not expensive.

3) With regard to big brake kits, anything from Baer, or, PBR, should fit okay. They are both dual pot calipers using similar sized rotors, both of which fit inside the OEM Marauder wheel. However, bigger 3 pot stuff, like Wilwood, may not fit. That's a whole new ball game. Watch your step, depending on your mods.

Dave...Beautiful wheel, have any prices on your suggestion?

Just my .02C folks, some tips to keep in mind when shopping for wheels. Please carry on...

Users who are viewing this thread