Will they be making this car again for 2014?

lx347cid

Established Member
Reason I ask is because if they are I can wait. I know the new body style is coming out but I dont think I want one. I want the last of one of these GT500's.

speednutz

Established Member
Reason I ask is because if they are I can wait. I know the new body style is coming out but I dont think I want one. I want the last of one of these GT500's.

Everything I've read says they will.

After next year they will change the car completely to a more "Modern" body style.

I've seen pics of potentials some ain't bad, others suck bag.

assasyn

Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised if they drop the Shelby moniker after Carroll's passing and keep it just the GT500 or just Cobra.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised if they drop the Shelby moniker after Carroll's passing and keep it just the GT500 or just Cobra.

Nope, it's staying for atleast another 4 or 5 years, they just renewed the license to use the name like weeks before he passed. If anything his passing will be reason to keep the name. I'm not saying I wouldn't love to see the Cobra name come back. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Shelby become the loaded bells and whistles model, and the cobra having the same drivetrain, but more performance focused with less of the fancy crap. Or atleast do another R model! Imagine the current shelby with no backseat, a/c, sound deadening, fancy radio etc.. just a basic cd player with usb jacks, recaros, etc... and give the customer the track pack and svtp goodies standard.

Users who are viewing this thread