Will this stereo adapter work?

99SVT3753

5.4L Snake
Established Member
yes .. although it's pretty expensive compared to more simpler ones.

what are you trying to do with your system?

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I'm no expert, but look at the line marked #2, isn't that the one in our vehicles?

2. 2003-05 in dash Changer radios (CD6) are NOT compatible.

Juruense

Banned
BLK03SVT10TH said:
I'm no expert, but look at the line marked #2, isn't that the one in our vehicles?

2. 2003-05 in dash Changer radios (CD6) are NOT compatible.
Yes I saw that also but I think I read somewhere here that it will work with the 03 with Mach460...?

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Discount car stereo??? they want to sell a 3.5mm to rca jack to you for $11.95??? Cost is $1.30. That is like 1000% mark up!!!

Juruense

Banned
03 TOPLESSSVT said:
Discount car stereo??? they want to sell a 3.5mm to rca jack to you for $11.95??? Cost is $1.30. That is like 1000% mark up!!!
Crutchfield wants $20 more for the part and does not have it in stock like Discount does. This thread is not about the fairness of Discount's prices anyways :shrug:

Do you know if the adapter will work? Do you have one???

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I got this off of an old post. As I remember, it works with the 6CD changer in 03's, but NOT in 04's.

Good luck.

-----
If you've ever wanted to hook your portable audio device (MP3 player, etc.) up to your stock MACH 460 system, I just found the solution. . . just installed it and it works great!

It's called the FRDN-AUX by PIE (www.pie.net) that I purchased for $69.99 through LogJam Electronics (www.logjamelectronics.com ). It works for the 2001 - 2003's with a 20pin CD changer connector on the back of the head unit (mine was a 6-disc in dash in my '03 Cobra).

Took about 30 minutes to install (being careful) and requires no cutting / soldering. It's just plug in. The only thing I had to do was tap one wire on the harness for constant power, which I did with a simple push-style wire tap (I keep a bunch around).

Installed, you just get some line-level RCAs can hook whatever device you want up to. You press the CD button on your deck, and it switches to the "DJ" device (changer), and viola! The sound quality is awesome.

The CD button toggles between the internal changer and the external device.
-----

texaswrx

Established Member
To keep from making another thread, I will ask here first. Are there any adapters that will work with the 04 radios? I would like to run my Zune through the stock unit.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread