Will this work?

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
Wheel and Tire experts.....I need your input!

I have a set of O.E. FR500 on my Sonic Blue Cobra. They are the 18X9 flavor. I am wanting to upgrade sometime in the next year to some DD FR500, so herin lies my delimma.

I have 275/35/18 Nitto 555's on the front and this is a perfect match for a 9" wheel...IMO. Out back, I have some worn 285/35/18 555's. I am wanting to future proof my eventual wheel purchase and go with a 305/35 Nitto DR on my current wheel until I get the DD.

My question is....Will this work?

The Nitto site says not to mount the 305's on anything less than a 10" wheel, however I know there are many of the 17" guys that put 315's on the factory 9" wheel and Nitto recommends a minimum of 10.5 for that tire. From what I have read: Lowered/18" combo cobra's do not tend to have clearance issues when using a 10" wheel/305+ MM tire....am I understanding this correctly?

I really don't want to buy a 285 now and later have to buy a 305 for the new wheel. I also really don't want a BALLOON look regarding the bulge over the rim.....however during my searches I see that NITTO's tend to run narrow.

Your input is greatly appreciated....:beer:

DORF

Users who are viewing this thread