Will you guys jump ship if a 2005/6 Lightning doesn't happen?

begone

Established Member
I'm just wondering if any of you guys would jump ship to another truck if there's no Lightning for a while? And if not how long are you going to hold on to your L? Maybe even get another vehicle like the new GT or Cobra? Just a question for all you Lightning guys.

If your a major truck guy, and your wanting a newer vehicle, what other options are there?

begone

Established Member
Are you a die hard Ford guy? I love ford - it was a my first Truck (1996 F150) That thing was a tank. Drove from Searcy, AR to Tracy, CA 6 times. And the only reason I got rid of it was cause my buddy couldn't handle the power and rolled one day. It was very sad. But I think I would consider other trucks, like maybe the New Chevy SS or even the SRT-10 (if it ever goes down in price, and it gets an auto).

DA BOLT

Established Member
I love my L and I will probably keep it for a long time to come, the only vehicle that could possibly lure me away would be the new cobra, if it dosen't have an outrageous price tag.:coolman:

Noisycow

Mods B4 Food and Water
Established Member
The new Mustang looks better in pics than in person, much like the Thunderbird. Can't really put it into words - especially from the rear quarter - looks kinda cheap, just imo.

OH-MAN

Established Member
There is not much of a question. All the latest out of ford is no no no....
I have put a lot of time and I do not want to know the amount of money into this thing I avg. 8-10 years on my last 2 trucks so I am good till 2013 more or less.

SVT_driv3r

Established Member
i will hang onto mine till i hear anything out of ford. if ford says yes there will be a 0 something L i will sell mine and get a altima or something until then, or if ford says thats it the L is gone i will keep my L for alonggggg time and then save up and get an altima or a 350Z NISMO edition

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I'll keep my L until they build the next gen. If they don't build one w/in the next 5-10 years, I'll be forced to move over to the competition. I need a truck in my family and I'm a speed addict.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Originally posted by philip
im with stupid.....;-) :beer:
i guess that means i am with 2 stupids:p
jump ship??? why jump i already have one
i couldnt say for sure that i would get a gen 3 anyway, i would love to but who knows if i could afford it
ill just build mine to my liking then if i get tired of it i can always build a garage and park it and let the value go up on it
next truck i get (if not a car) would probably be a PSD anyway
either that or a TDI for the fuel mileage
or hit the lottary and nt worry about it:rockon:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I should have added, my g/f won't let me get rid of the truck....I've thought about it since we are buying a house, but like I said.....she won't let me :)

wolves

Established Member
Keeping the truck and most likely get the new Cobra if they price is in the 'comman' man range.

Would have traded the truck for Gen3, but I guess that's that.

KCinAZ

Established Member
I'll be ready to trade in my 03 on a new performance truck sometime in 06 or 07.... if Ford isnt making one, then I guess Ill buy one from someone who is.

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
Nope, I'm keeping mine. When it does come out, IF it ever does... Hopefully I'll have enough $$$ to have all 3 generations. We shall see though. :)

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
Meh, maybe maybe not...

It'd be interesting to buy a new F150 and put in a 6.0 diesel, then turn it into some unholy monster of a truck with a banks six gun kit, possibly put some shorties on with pipes out the side (I don't know if a banks kit's massive exhaust would fit under a 150...), and maybe some slick looking rims and just have some fun with that :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread