Will you mod it or leave it stock???

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
So now that we all know what the production version looks like and the potential this car has, the question is will you mod it or leave it an all stock original.

Me, I'll limit my mods to a CAI and a tuner like the Preditor. If I can get the car to put down 500 rwhp I'm happy. I'll never be able to use all of that power so I figure why push it. :beer:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Simple reversible bolt ons. CAI,tune, exhaust (if needed), short throw and maybe some suspension tweaks. I had planned on having Kenny Brown's shop do the suspension tweaks and baseline dyno and dyno after major mods to see the difference. I live less than an hour from his shop. Now that their future is uncertain, I'm not sure what to do.

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
if i could get one i'd leave the engine stock for warrenty, but most of my mods would include: gears, maybe some 4.10's shifter, exhaust, the rest would be weight reduction and suspenion, maybe some new wheels and tires but but i'd leave it at that till warranty exp. then i'd go nuts

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
I would be hesitant to mess with the engine..
If the engine should fail for ANY REASON, including any factory defect (and I have seen many new Mustang engines have problems before 30,000 miles due to factory problems, in my life time) The dealers most likely would not cover the car if you had, for instance, changed the supercharger pulley/tune.. Of course, you could try to decieve them, but it looks like they designed the pulley this time, to be a little more challenging to swap on and off.. It looks like they will be able to "tell" it was screwed around with..

I would consider doing things like exhaust, gears, and maybe a CAI if it did not void my warranty.. But on a car as expensive as this one is, I dont see how any person on a reasonable budget could risk putting anything on that could void the warranty. Im sure to replace that engine, would be in the conservative neighborhood of $12-15,000 from Ford, plus installation which would be in the thousands... Too much of a gamble for anyone I know. :shrug:

Last edited:

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
If I get one, 80% positive when prices settle down, I'll defintiely mod as I have on all my others. To me the whole stang thing is about modding, so I'll be at Amazon looking for a solid 600rwhp.

Fourcam330

Established Member
500rw may sound like a lot, and it is to some extent, but regardless at some point (probably sooner than later for performance enthusiasts) you're going to get bored with it.

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
If its anything like the 03/04 cobras it will benifit hugely from intake and exhaust mods. Probably even more so actually. Hell 05 Gts are getting over 20 rwhp from intake swaps, should be some pretty impressive gains with a CAI/RAI on the 07 Shelby.

If it were me I'd leave it at that until warranty expires... then throw on the pulley and bring on the real power :D

Paul

Tman

Established Member
Like others said, I would work around suspension as well an exhaust and 4.10s until I would be sure that there are no engine issues/recalls.
I think the best time to buy it would be after first year of production anyways but it would be cool to own first ones out! :thumbsup:

Milstang

Established Member
I plan on CAI and maybe exhaust, the rest I would wait until the warranty runs out then go crazy. Since I am planning on getting the first year I don't want to take any chances if there was a problem with the engine that Ford could bypass fixing it. Just prefer to be safe until I have the car paid off and well on my way to having the level of income I have now for just mods.

:beer:

mrsuds

Established Member
Milstang said:
I plan on CAI and maybe exhaust, the rest I would wait until the warranty runs out then go crazy. Since I am planning on getting the first year I don't want to take any chances if there was a problem with the engine that Ford could bypass fixing it. Just prefer to be safe until I have the car paid off and well on my way to having the level of income I have now for just mods.

:beer:

I'm right there with you. I plan to let the warranty expire than its off to races.. :beer:

CAI, tune, headers, exhaust, possibly a twin-screw if its that much better. Maybe rims and definitely drag radials for the nights of fun and frolick at the track.

Everything I do will be reversible because I plan on keeping the car and hope that it turns into a collector car.

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
I will leave it stock at first, to make sure that there are no "issues" with the car, for warranty sake. Then I will start the mods. Simple stuff at first CAI, exhaust, tune, then somewhere down the road I would love to have Boss 330 Racing build me an all aluminum monster! :rockon:
I will definetly sit back and do ALOT of research before I do anything. That is what this board is for! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread