window & door rattles

Dan04COBRA

Established Member
I have the annoying driver side door rattle with bumps and the window also rattles a fair amount.

The door is rattling on the striker, should there be a rubber coating on the striker? My 04 GTO has them on both jambs and those doors do not rattle, even after I was in a heavy accident that just about destroyed the entire car. What can I do about the door rattling?

Also the window rattles....bad. do I need to replace anything or is it as simple as removing the door panel and tightening something up?

Hunter_M_

Established Member
Okay, so it sounds like you have what I have/had... It comes and goes. It's usually when I'm driving around 40mph or a little less and when I hit bumps in the road. It's like a knock and I guessed it was the glass. Haven't inspected it yet. I've had the car a little over a month, so everything is still foreign.

Dan04COBRA

Established Member
It takes a good sequence of rough roads to rattle the door, but I can grab the door and shake it and make it rattle myself. I'm guessing the latch assembly is sacked but I've never had a car where the part attached to the door jam was uncoated and just raw metal.

As for the windows, I was told the dogs wear a bit and need adjusting?

Users who are viewing this thread