window tint

Lethal SVT97

BLUEVNM
Established Member
who has tinted their own windows. the place that tint windows here wants $350 to tint my car 20%. i have tinted one of my mustang before and it turned out really great. its very time consuming and takes a lot of patience. i just cant spend $350 knowing that i have tinted my own windows before. so i have decided to tint my own windows. just waiting for the weather to cooperate. i found a pre cut tint on ebay for $30. so, thats what i'm going to use. dont know the quality of it yet but i will find out soon. but from looking at it, it looks like a really good quality. let the fun begin:beer:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
$350? Does that include a blow job? Shop around, My buddy's cobra was $160 and my wifes mustang was $180

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
You can get a better price than that. I would never put $30 tint on my car, it's going to be purple by the end of summer. Find someone who deals with good tint (Solar Guard) and buy some from them if you are doing it yourself, I don't know if you can do that but it's worth a shot.

Josh

Lethal SVT97

BLUEVNM
Established Member
its worth a shot doing it myself. my old car that i tinted, you can't even tell if it was done professionally and i bought the tint from a local parts store. just because its $30 doesnt mean its shitty quality... but i guess i'll find out.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Just a recommendation, when I hear EBay and precut window tint, quality is not the first thing that comes to mind. Ask the guy what brand tint he is sending you and you can do a search on google to find out if it's worth anything. I have never seen precut tint but i'm sure it's out there, cutting the tint isn't the hard part, keeping dust and bubbles out is, but i'm sure you know this already.

:beer:

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Dont do it yourself.

And your in WA, it SHOULD NOT BE HALF that price.

I had a hook-up and payed $125 20% rear / 35% sides / with a 35% windshield. Illegal in WA, I know.

Lethal SVT97

BLUEVNM
Established Member
i guess, i will consider it as an experiment..like i said i have done it before and it turned out great. just takes a lot of patience. i will let you guys know how it turns out.:beer:

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
$175 to remove old tint and put on 5%

2e58gb5.jpg

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
$200 cash here for Formula One 20% tint, the composite stuff or w/e it is thats supposed to be the top of the line stuff, I forget what the particulars are haha

canibus

Established Member
let us know how it turns out on that purple tint. i payed 100 bucks to have my whole car done in limo. I've been using the same guy for over 5 years though.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Thats why they've got tint shops..i mean i like doing stuff on my car myself, but some things are left to people who know what their doing

FVChopper

SVTP
Established Member
I got mine done for 135 bucks, 4% back and 30% sides, looks amazing, ya don't buy cheap tint unless you like it purple with bubbles.

Users who are viewing this thread