Window Tint

DOHC GT

Established Member
So,Will 24" tint cover the back glass on an 2001 acura TL?

It will, as long as it is done in strips. You will most likely have to do 3 strips. If it is done properly, you will not even be able to tell that there are 3 separate pieces. :)

96tangcobra

Established Member
It will, as long as it is done in strips. You will most likely have to do 3 strips. If it is done properly, you will not even be able to tell that there are 3 separate pieces. :)

So instead of say 4' of tint,I Would be using 12' to do the back then that leaves only 12' to do both sides?(6ft per side) So you have basically enough to do one car then?

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I am sorry my man I am a tinter and just want to help with my opinion if you do not mind, if you know how to heat the tint use a 30' piece and do it in 1 piece it will look a lot better than 3 strips, I am sure he can get that size tint for you.:beer:

My apologize for jumping into your thread but 3 pieces on that window is not necessary.:banana::banana::banana:

DOHC GT

Established Member
So instead of say 4' of tint,I Would be using 12' to do the back then that leaves only 12' to do both sides?(6ft per side) So you have basically enough to do one car then?

The roll that I have left has 24 feet left. The amount of cars it will do depends on size and amounts of windows. Of coarse for a 4-door sedan, like an Acura TL, it will use much more than a Mustang. :)

DOHC GT

Established Member
I am sorry my man I am a tinter and just want to help with my opinion if you do not mind, if you know how to heat the tint use a 30' piece and do it in 1 piece it will look a lot better than 3 strips, I am sure he can get that size tint for you.:beer:

My apologize for jumping into your thread but 3 pieces on that window is not necessary.:banana::banana::banana:

If I had tint in large widths, then that would be the ideal way to do it, but I don't. :) Also, using 1 large piece on a back window is great for a pro, but for a novice, can be a PITA, even with a heat gun. :)

Users who are viewing this thread