window tint ?

03cobramanIII

Banned
ok on my 03 cobra vert i was going to tint my own windows, on the rear window, its got the rear window defroster you can feel the lines than run across the window, im guessing that if you scrap the window the a razor blade will take the lines off ? or not?:shrug:

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
I don't know if a razorblade will take off the defroster or not (not sure why you want to do that). But if you are looking to remove tint use an amonia base product and work it off slowly. If you are getting it tinted the tint will go over the defroster lines on the inside, they don't get removed or else you would have no defroster.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
DO NOT run a razor over the defroster lines! I can tell you from having a bad tint job performed before I bought a previous car that it will mess up the defrost function. For example: Only about half of the grid worked on the car due to the tint job.

03cobramanIII

Banned
ok so dont razor blade the window. i got some tape on the window from my temp tag, thats been on there 2 years.
i was wondering about cleaning the window b4 tinting it. they used to say scrap window with a razor blade to remove dirt and grime.
if i mess up the first time, it going to be hard to get it off.right ?

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I'm assuming you don't have tint on the windows currently? If not then just clean the windows good, window cleaner with ammonia works best, then go to work. If you aren't happy with it you can always take it off (That's the fun part) and have a shop do it for you.

A word of advice, you may want to get a piece of vinyl to cover the dots on the top of the rear window. Other than that, don't get any dust in the tint, use a lot of water/soap spray and goodluck. USE GOOD TINT

What brand tint are you using?

Josh

Evil Bender

Rabid Roadie
Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I know that money for mods can get tight but I would pay the money and get a tint shop to do it ,fast and you can get a lifetime warrenty.

Goodlife

Established Member
I just had my 99 done. Was no problem. They cleaned the window and installed it right on the window with the defroster in place. They made nice little notches in the tint where the connectors on the sides in the middle were. Nice fit.
The only problem he had was trying to install it while fighting my roll bar lol. It was a tight fit.

Users who are viewing this thread