Window tinting ?

Urlacher54

Established Member
I am in the market for an 03-04 Cobra and I am stuck inbetween a vert and a hard top, simply because of the window tinting issue! My issue is the back window of the vert, can it be tinted?

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
maybe he was afraid it would crinkle when it folded down?

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
maybe he was afraid it would crinkle when it folded down?

that is exactly whay i was worried about! it!

facepalm2ic7copyrl2-jpg.jpeg

Last edited:

Urlacher54

Established Member
My bad I guess that should be common knowledge!!!!! And yea I would let that decide my $20k purchase, whats so bad about making sure I can tint all my windows?

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
I thought that they used regular glass in convertibles pretty much after 1993. Oh well

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
why is your decision based on tint, perhaps you should be worried about more important things, like Weight and chassis stiffness...

im fairly sure the back window is glass, tinting shouldnt be a problem on verts, but seriously, that is a really dumb thing to base a purchase on...

Urlacher54

Established Member
If it's is dumb to make sure my car will turn out the way I want it, I guess it is dumb to worry about that! I'm glad you were here to point it out, thank you so much (sarcasm)!!! But thanks to those that answered as adults!!!

LSUstang05

Established Member
why is your decision based on tint, perhaps you should be worried about more important things, like Weight and chassis stiffness...

im fairly sure the back window is glass, tinting shouldnt be a problem on verts, but seriously, that is a really dumb thing to base a purchase on...

Maybe he doesn't plan to race it? What's it matter what "thing" makes his decision on HIS 20k car? You aren't buying it for him and I'm sure that chassis stiffness and weight are still on his list, too :rolleyes:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
on second though wifey had a 98 trans am that had a shitty back window that looked funky....maybe back windows can get crinkled....just food for thought..

Users who are viewing this thread