Window will not Roll Up!! (Any Ideas?)

03SVT281

Established Member
I roll down the window in the cobra until the AC starts blowing cold and the go to roll it back up and then nothing. Just seeing are there any known issue with this problem.

Could the window motor just went bad all of a sudden like that or could it be in the switch itself on the door panel. The window does not appear to be off track or anything. Thanks for any help:??:

LSwat

Established Member
What side? Driver or passenger? :shrug:

FWIW my passenger window rolls up and down really slow....

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
there have been a number of threads on this. I guess the search feature is broken.

slam the door while holding down the window button. 99% of the time that will fix it. When you get tired of doing that, replace the motor

03SVT281

Established Member
there have been a number of threads on this. I guess the search feature is broken.

slam the door while holding down the window button. 99% of the time that will fix it. When you get tired of doing that, replace the motor

Thanks for the tip man

blownfx4

Boost crazy
Established Member
My car did the exact same thing today on the driver side for the first time...wierd! Slamming the door while holding the switch worked like a champ. Thanks for the tip!

TERMIN8U!

Just a little 281ci motor
Established Member
I know F-bodies are known for the bad window motors (I replaced all mine on both my fbodies).
But I noticed on my Cobra the last week that my pass window wouldnt roll down and then I messed with the door and it worked again. Its weird, might have to replace the window motor

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
^^^Had to replace both in my 04 F-150 as well, and my Cobras window has stuck before. As mentioned, slamming the door with your finger on the button usually works.

Users who are viewing this thread