Window wiper issue

QtrFlsh

Established Member
Hey Focus owners...I was cleaning my 03 SVT Focus (to sell) tonight and turned on my wipers to get rid of some water before drying, and when I turned them off, they didn't go back the "rest" position. Everyting works as far as the delay and high/low speed settings as well as the wash cycle. But no matter what I do, they stop immedately when I turn them off and won't return to the bottom of the window. Is it the switch itself causing this problem or some relay or sensor problem?? Anyone have any ideas??? Thanks!!

VoIcEs

Rockin the SVT
Established Member
I have the same problem in my 03. It used to not do it when i first got it but now it does it all the time. I just try and time it so that when i turn it off they are as low as possible.

TriPodRacing

U MAD?
Established Member
I had the same problem.....Do you want to know the fix?

Ok the fuse/relay box by the drives feet. There is a relay in there for the front wipers. Look in your owners manuel it will tell you which one. I didn't have a new one at the time so I swaped the rear wiper and the front wiper relays(they are right next to each other) and everything works great. Even the rear wiper works correctly.

QtrFlsh

Established Member
Great info!! I'll try that within the next day or two and let everyone know how it went! Thats funny, I have had a heated mirror relay in my 08 Superduty take a dump on me, and had to put a new one in already....

Thanks

Sapperstang

Established Member
Mine does this too. I was told there was some cover panel or something underhood which controls it.

Sapperstang

Established Member
Thanks for that article. Surprised I have never ran across it. We have two Foci and both do this.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
there was a TSB from ford to replace the wiper relay in the dash. they would come on erraticaly and not park if i need to remember correctly. no biggie. our service manager had a 04 EAP foci, it was doing that. relay fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread