Windows Down + Rain = Smelly Car

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
please help, I left my windows down one night and it rained through out the night. I dried it all up, but man, my car smells soooooo bad. Is it coming from the suede or what?? Is there something I can clean/wash it with that will get the smell out or should I just use a bunch of air fresheners?? Thanx alot

Killspray

Juiced-03

Established Member
Using a mix of woolite and water (6:1) and spraying on the carpets, then scrubbing out with a brush and vacuum always leaves a clean scent in my car. I would look for a product that neutrolizes the odor rather than masking it.

Scott P

Established Member
If it's a musty smell, the carpet or seat padding may still be wet causing mold or mildew to form. you will want to look for an odor neutralizer that is designed to kill the mold and mildew.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
what about the meguiars odor eliminator. for the ****pit/interior Looks good. Never tried it.
lol, owned by the swear filter. cockpit.

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
lol, thanks guys, I appreciate all the help. It stinks really bad. I left my backpack in there for a while, and when I went to class, I could smell it. :nonono: Thanx again!
Killspray

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Here's one that should work great:

• Place 50/50 mix of lemon pine sol and water into spray bottle.
  • Test a section of the carpet FIRST. I start with the floor mats.
  • Gently spray on carpets and other fabric. Apply liberally.
  • Let set for 20 minutes.
  • Use Rug Doctor rental vacuum with hot water only. Perform a complete vaccuum with attachment.
  • If in humid climate, use or borrow a dehumidifier to extract remaining water. Place dehumidifier on the floor or seat and close all doors and windows.
  • In dry climate. Open all windows and leave outside.

This also works great on indoor carpets, especially on pet stains. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread