Windscreen for lightbar

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Can't wait till the search works again.

Anyone know where I can find the clear windscreen (no logo) for the lightbar?

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I have one not sure if I want to sell it as of yet still new in box.

BTW thought you were going to remove your light bar.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
If you wanna sell, let me know. I'm buying now. :)

The lightbar will come off, but not for a couple of months. Besides...I can transfer everything over to my other car.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Have you seen them up close. I liked it untill I saw you use 2 foam strips with adhesive to light bar to creat a groove. then drill 3 holes in light bar with posi lock screw in nuts to foam for attachment. the screw locks arnt so bad. But the foam strips Im not wild about thats why I havent installed it. with wind guard out there is those foam strips that are 1/2 in thick or 3/8.

Also if you place your seat back there might be interferance with head rest if you one to have it way back.

The other thing is if you plan on running a Saleen tannau ( you have one) It must be in place first to drill holes. Or you might have it to far back and set up wont work when your tannau is on.

Ill talk to the better half see if i want to sell that. Was thinking about getting it frosted for shows with svt 10th emblem on it

Last edited:

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
later tonight I will open the box and take pics for you. PM me your email. I didnt have the camera with me at dealer that had one on but will take a pic of the directions for you also. I just hate to have you waste money on somthing that sits like mine. HMM I should be in sales!!!

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
I made my own (2 of them) when I had the light bar on my GT. I bought a sheet of 3/16 Lexan and mad a card board pattern of the hole and then but it out of the Lexan. For the rough edges, I files them down and then covered them with plastic door edge trim from Pep Boys. to secure it, I cut 4 slits into the Lexan and ran velcro straps around the light bar and through the slits. Worked great and I even used tinted Lexan, cut out a Pony in limo tint. Placed it on the Lexan and then Limo tinted the screen again. It was really dark and looked really nice. I'll see if I can find a picture of one.

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
Here's a picture of the 1st one I made. The Lexan I bought was treated so that one side could face the sun so I put the sticer on the other side and tinted over it and faced the treated side out the back of the car. I made both of them for about $100.

Enjoy

Windscreen2.jpg

TXFLYME1

Pay No Attention
Established Member
Lightbar Question - Does anyone have any trouble with head clearance when the seat is all the way back. I'm 6'4" and with the seat in a comfortable position, I'm scared my head will hit. Is this the case? Maybe I just need to run into someone that has one and ask for a demo.

Toplesss

Established Member
Im 6'2" and its not an issue for me. I think youll be fine. The bar fits really close to the roof, so I think youll have plenty of room. Stop by your local Ford dealership and see if they have a vert with one installed. :beer:

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
With the seat all the way back in my 98 and leaned back, the headrest would touch the screen. I never hit my head but you are 5 inches taller than me. I would suggest a demo before cutting up you interior to intall the bar. I'll look for some more pics or take more when I get home. I kept them but they are all scratched up[ now since I just threw them in the garage. Now that I have another vert, makes me wish I had put them somewhere safe.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by T&J's Blk03
With the seat all the way back in my 98 and leaned back, the headrest would touch the screen. I never hit my head but you are 5 inches taller than me. I would suggest a demo before cutting up you interior to intall the bar. I'll look for some more pics or take more when I get home. I kept them but they are all scratched up[ now since I just threw them in the garage. Now that I have another vert, makes me wish I had put them somewhere safe.

If your using the tannau with the wind screen I guarantee there is a issue for those of use that use the seat all the way back and lean it back like I do.

Thats one of the reason my isnt in as of yet. the 03 seat and head rest might be differnt. If your not going to use the tannau with it then I would mount it far back and wouldnt matter. Just FYI

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
I just called around to some local glass shops and found one that sold Lexan. I made sure I had the pattern done and knew how much I needed and was able to get buy with a sheet about 48"x60" if I remember correctly.

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
A couple of other things I forgot to mention. If you make your own, leave the protective paper on the Lexan while you mark and cut out the screen. Buy the blades made specially for Lexan to avoid cracking/splitting the plastic and use a jig saw. Work on a hard surface but cover it with some old blanket or towels to avoid scratching the unprotected side. Scratches are a PITA to get out.

TXFLYME1

Pay No Attention
Established Member
Originally posted by T&J's Blk03

They do make kits for polishing out scratches in old lexan windows. I saw it on some restore show on DIY. I think he buffed out an old Corvette rear window. Just a bunch of wet sanding with some super fine paper and a clear coat. I'd look into it!

Users who are viewing this thread