Windshield/A pillar leak

Weslsew

Established Member
I just noticed after a pretty heavy rain that my carpet on the passenger side was soaked. I tracked the leak down to the A pillar, where there was evidence of water dripping in and running down the inside of the pillar cover and down the side of the dash to he carpet. The water seems to have entered between the windshield glass and the metal of the pillar. I removed the exterior pillar cover, and found a pretty large gap between the glass and the pillar channel, so I filled it with rtv all the way from the base of the windshield up to where the gasket at the top of the roof starts. It still leaks. The rubber gasket at the top of the windshield should be sealing, so I'm thinking the leak is on the passenger side of the roof, but there doesn't seem to be a seal there from the factory, so I have no idea.

Any suggestions?

92gxs8i.jpg

1F38ZCJ.jpg

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I can't tell - is this a coupe or Convertible?

I had a leak on the top of the windshield when the car was new. The dealer filled up the area with silicone. After a recent heavy rain it leaked again - but I think it was because the top seal on the convertible had a little bit of dirt that caused it to not seal right.

Weslsew

Established Member
I poured water all around the top of the car, I even pulled up on the gasket at the top of the windshield and poured water inside but that doesn't cause the leak. I have no idea how the water is getting to there. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread